ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NS driveshaft weeping gearbox oil - part no.?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Hi all,

NS driveshaft is covered in gearbox oil, leaking from the seal that's incorporated in to it.
Does anybody have the part number for the NS driveshaft seal kit, OEM from Renault?

Driveshaft and its CV joints are in perfect condition so would like to avoid changing the driveshaft if possible!

Car is a Renault Clio 1.2, MK2 (2005)

Cheers all,

PH2 172
  Clio 1.2 Dynamique
@HFC2197
J&R supply a new driveshaft for £21.50.I think this is the one.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...693278?hash=item27cef209de:g:RCwAAMXQ8ABRlest

They also supply a boot for £3.50 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...hash=item1e68e98f20:m:mtVa1gye_XUZlO7iVYpKs-g

Personally,for the convenience I would fit the shaft,in the same way that it is easier to buy a new computer keyboard for £6.99 than attempt to fix an old one.
Sorry for delay in replying mate! Are these going to be decent quality? I'm only asking as there is a circa £90 option on ECP, which I'm assuming is for a reason. I just don't want to be replacing it again further down the line because it's bent or its joints have worn out in 6 months!

Cheers mate - as an aside, is it difficult to replace just the boot on its own?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Chances are the Ecp won't fit

I had fitted the j&r shaft a couple of months back and it's been fine, no issues and fitment was fine.

dan's cast offs.
Sorry for delay in replying mate! Are these going to be decent quality? I'm only asking as there is a circa £90 option on ECP, which I'm assuming is for a reason. I just don't want to be replacing it again further down the line because it's bent or its joints have worn out in 6 months!

Cheers mate - as an aside, is it difficult to replace just the boot on its own?

the euro one will probably be a gkn shaft, you should be able to get it cheaper than that as well.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
the euro one will probably be a gkn shaft, you should be able to get it cheaper than that as well.
It is a GKN shaft...£101! I guess new driveshaft or new boot.

How does the boot seal the driveshaft exactly? I know there's a metal ring bolted to the driveshaft but how does this aid in sealing the oil in? Pictures, anyone?