ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

now im worried...............

when i pull off slowly i feel a vibration in my accel pedal and you can hear and feel a vibration going throughout the whole car and then once im movin its ok i slighty feel it when changing up gears and feel it a little more when slowing down the car through the gears

what the hell is it ??????????? can some one please put my mind to rest

[Edited by 6secClio on 25 July 2005 at 3:26pm]

maybe but if i pull off and hold the clutch in a certain place it will just keep on vibrating not good (unless your female of course)

i think it might be a bit more then not enough rpm as when i was decated it stoped for a bit nows its back

Not a Clio

Well you havent got TC so it cant be that playing up.

If its only when you pull off slowly I would have thought not enough revs, i dunno.

What does the car idle like?

well i aint no engineer, but you said that when you hold your clutch in a certain place, your car shakes. better check the cluch first

don't

my old clio was like this for ages

was worse when pulling off in slow moving traffic on a slight hill

would seem to struggle and vibrate, never got any worse or better so i just left it, presumed it was a clutch problem so was scared to go near it incase i needed to spend lots of £££ :)

i just put up with it and revd it quite hard when pulling away on slight hills

172 cup'd extreme

its none of the above.... its the engine stabiliser mount or dogbone as some people call it #30 new and 2 mins to change

don't

that makes sense ^^^^^^

common problem

had mine replaced twice in a year so it must have gone again, first time it was replaced the old 1 was snapped right in half lol

well i had my mounts done at bb performance and on the way home that day it was bunny hoppin and lurching all the way home when i got back i adjusted the accelerator cable and it seemed ok except for the vibration and the gearstick still has alot of movement in it

dave rsi has got the exact feeling that i get

[Edited by 6secClio on 26 July 2005 at 2:31pm]

don't

Quote: Originally posted by 6secClio on 26 July 2005

dave rsi has got the exact feeling that i get

[Edited by 6secClio on 26 July 2005 at 2:31pm]
almost, my mate now has this problem, sold the clio to him, he hasnt mentioned it though

not quite sure what it is really, guess its just too much movement of the engine/gearbox, so could be the mounts

is a bit of a pain though, especially in slow moving traffic on slopes

of the car is stuttering from low revs then CHANGE YOUR FUEL FILTER - its probably full of crap, clogging the engin - i did this when mine was stuttering and the differece was incredible

yeah cool i shall give it a go do all fuel filters standard things are can i invest in an increased flow filter or some thing like performance air filters