ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

notts

anyone local to have ago at detailing me new motor?
wings have gone dull and headlights need bringing back up and swirls need polishing out

:)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Harpham is also into this kind of thing... carefull he doesn't try to touch you up though ;)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It depends what your after, the pros will be expensive but will give a brilliant finish.

the weekend warriors will still give a good finish but will be cheaper!

Edition 30
Go easy mate, no-one said he was a pro. The OP simply asked if there was anyone local that could help and he could.

/banter.

If the OP looks at Harphams project thread for the sunflower then he can see he's actually good and the products he uses :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
okay, fair enough... just remember though that not everyone is in on the banter and may actually take your comment(s) seriously.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I got Harpham to polish my 330 Matt, more than happy with the results from it, but like Mick said be careful of the groping. He good me a couple of times before I could lock the doors!

Could you pop and take a look at mind mate?
Are you going to the Elvaston Castle meet on the 4th March? If so, I can have a look over then, if not then we can sort something out.

I have a list of about 4-5 other cars that want detailing (plus my own, which is a massive swirlbus). :S

ITB BG 182
If i was up ilson way, I'd lend you my buffer. But i dont go out that way anymore at all.

Mick, agreed with your comment. I used to polish, buff or detail peoples cars or motorbikes. But because of some sarcastic comment some one left, people stopped contacting me.

Mick, agreed with your comment. I used to polish, buff or detail peoples cars or motorbikes. But because of some sarcastic comment some one left, people stopped contacting me.

Ill probably get to the point soon where ill stop offering tbh, as it'll become more of a chore, than a hobby.

Is that 5-6 cars then?! LOL
They're all coming at the wrong time. Just entered the real world and got my hours upped to full time.

ITB BG 182

Ill probably get to the point soon where ill stop offering tbh, as it'll become more of a chore, than a hobby.

Well I might be selling some of my kit soon ish... I have one of the orignal porter cable 7424 polisher with shed loads of pads in various sizes and shapes to go with lots and lots (like jelly tots) of polish/swirl removal/g3-g10 ish stuff.

Matt, how bad actually is it? Clean the car off and wipe down then try to get a picture with the wing reflecting some kind of strong light ie the sun.