ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not xenons or are they?

Clio 172
My 172 lights have hid bulbs but are not proper xenons but has headlamp washers.

the Wierd thing is that the lights auto level works

does anyone know what lights I have and what model they are from?

these are my lights
image_zpsf57b1b1f.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
image_zpsa0b81d29.jpg
[/FONT]

normal xenon with the extra lens
image_zpscac8288d.jpg

as u can see my lights are bright light hid
image_zpse6720719.jpg

and has these bulbs
image_zps1e535f3a.jpg

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
No you have the full Xenon works including the level sensor on your rear axle and the auto adjusters on the back of the headlights but someone has replaced just the headlights themselves for poverty spec.

Fit xenon headlights and you'll be all the bash.

Nope it will just plug in, like said above you can see your front bumpers have the headlight washers fitted, sounds like you have the auto levelling fitted.

And for some reason someone has removed the xenons and replaced with halogen units, probably because they are much cheaper.

You just need full projector units and they will plug in.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Whip off the bumper, fit xenon headlights, refit bumper. plug and play

someone must've sold them on before selling the car

Not that i'm trying to scare monger, but it could also have had a knock at the front and the lights were replaced with the wrong ones.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Ta. How easy is it to remove bumper please?

Very easy. There is a guide if you become a member.

2 bolts where it attaches to the wing under the wheel arch. Torx in the arch and underneath. 10mm bolts on the bottom centre flap bit. Clips on the top grill. Pull off carefully. as the foglight wiring is tight.

The the lights are 3x10mm bolts and 2 connectors on the back. It's a worthwhile upgrade.

Clio 172
Don't have a keyboard it's an iPhone and as in texting it's trendy to miss out letters :p

last question, do projector xenon headlights and hid lights use the same bulbs

will xenon be as bright as my current hid setup?

Clio 172
I think it's more likely the previous owner flogged them as no damage at all in that area

so what's brighter? Hid or xenon?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They're the same thing. HIDs in a projector lens will be more efficient however.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
They're the same thing. HIDs in a projector lens will be more efficient however.

And not blinding everyone else.

HID kits should not be fitted into reflector lenses.

You will probably need new bulbs. The reflector lenses you have just now take H7 bulbs in the dipped beam but the projector lenses take D2S bulbs.

Does his HID kit still use H7s?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
It's got the black tabs, I know it's not 100% proof but most front Enders don't have them replaced

To play Devils advocate, how do you know? On the forum it only comes to light because they are missing.

Every front end repair I have seen in person (about a habdful) has had the tabs.

Either way, OP seems happy that's not the case.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
To play Devils advocate, how do you know? On the forum it only comes to light because they are missing.

Every front end repair I have seen in person (about a habdful) has had the tabs.

Either way, OP seems happy that's not the case.

Oh no, I agree. I said although it's not a sure fire way to tell, it is usually a good indication.

The way I see this, if it had a front wonder and they were cheap enough to fit pov lights, the wouldn't be anal enough to keep the bumper tabs.

but that's just speculation, theres no way to tell just from the pic

megane 285 sport
well if thats picture of the bulb currently in your head lights then they d2s xenon bulbs and will fit in the projector headlamp, god knows how its fitted in the reflector lamp

Clio 172
These are my bulbs in my reflector headlamps.

it as if everything works as a xenon without the projector part

image_zpse018b532.jpg
image_zpscb997934.jpg

Clio 172
Would it be feasable to think its just the projector that is missing and it somehow fits in there?

or is that b****cks?

You current have a H7 Hid kit as in Xenon bulb in a reflector unit, this isnt good as the beam scatters all over the road.

You need, a pair of full project units with a d2s bulb which should already be in the unit. When you plug these projector units in you will have what it should have been like if someone hadn't taken them off the car.

Clio 172
I do get flashed a lot lol.

so can i get the projector bits and put them in my headlights?

And if so how do i open up the headlights?

where do i buy the projector pod bits?

DCI Extreme
Hey! I know this is an old post but I've just come across it and realised that you (the OP) own my old 172! I wondered where it had ended up! How's she doing? In regards to the headlights I didn't replace them myself so could have been done by the original owner, never realised they weren't the real deal though (I did get people flashing me on occasion, however).