ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not new member but just made car purchase

Clio 182 FF BG
Hi everyone!
Joined a while back when looking for a clip to buy. Somehow ended up buying a rb Clio 197 and joined 197.net.
Realised the error of my ways, sold the 197 and bought a bg 182 ff and now a member of cliosport.net.
Much happier and planning to do a semi track type build which will serve as my daily driver.
Car is 77k with some nice bits fitted already that can be added to over time.

Clio 182
I'd love a rb 197 after owning a rb 182

What do you prefer on the 182 over the 197?

I've never driven a 197 but I've my heart set on one now.

Clio 182 FF BG
In fairness I had a 182 years ago approximately 18 months old and loved it. Earlier this year due to circumstances had to buy a cheaper car so thought I'd try a 197 and was very disappointed. I prefer the look of the 197 but much prefer the driving experience of the 182. The famous flat spot on the 197 was unbearable and car feels a lot heavier. Down to personal preference but 182 all the way for me

Clio 182 FF BG
You might drive one and love it.
Make sure you take car for a good test drive. Drive car from cold so you can experience the kangerooing which is always nice lol.
I found driving mine around town a chore with the flat spot. Cars are ok when revving the nuts off them but otherwise felt very poor.
If you search the forums a lot of people speculate about cures for the above problems but I gave up and sold mine. Just to clarify my example was 50k with fsh and was completely standard. Fitting exhaust ,induction etc only makes matters worse with flat spot.
If 197 had the drive of the 182 to go with the good looks would be perfect.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Or fit none standard parts and get the car mapped properly, done.

Like the look of the 197 but think I too would be dissapointed

Clio 182 FF BG
Or fit none standard parts and get the car mapped properly, done.

Like the look of the 197 but think I too would be dissapointed
Yes this is a way around things but didn't want to sink a grand into the car to decide I still didn't like it ha ha.

Clio 182 FF BG
R26 was awesome! Being mega fussy never liked the stupid handbrake lever.
Looks are an acquired taste but I liked it.
Drove mint, practical, fast, good daily driver and mega on track. The Swiss Army knife of renaults really.