ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not happy!!!

Clio 1.2 turbo
Was parked in Sainsburys car park and when i came back to my car someone had hit my wing mirror and driven off. Now have to pay out for a new one, as cant leave it looking like it is. Had to sellotape it up as the glass was hanging down. :mad::dapprove:

dk

911 GTS Cab
i always leave them out, rather someone swiped my mirror off than swiped the side of my car!

Clio 1.2 turbo
I always leave them out, never think about it. Maybe i should tho. Really annoyed as it only 2 months old!!! :dapprove:

None
That's awful because the person must have known they'd hit your mirror! :(

Yeah i reckon that would be the most frustrating thing

I once saw someone scrape the side of a car and he saw me watching he obviously knew he did it, and just carried on driving, so i wrote down his plate and left it on the persons windscreen no idea what got done :D

133/225/CLS AMG
i always leave them out, rather someone swiped my mirror off than swiped the side of my car!

Yeah but the thing is, if someone is close enough to hit your car and not just mirror, then they're not going to protect your car.

I'd personally rather they were folder in to minimise the risk of them being clipped.

Sadly no way of stopping some careless scummer from hitting your car and driving off other than not using car parks.

Yeah i reckon that would be the most frustrating thing

I once saw someone scrape the side of a car and he saw me watching he obviously knew he did it, and just carried on driving, so i wrote down his plate and left it on the persons windscreen no idea what got done :D

Good on you!:)

You can get the whole wing mirror at eurocarparts only £18..dont know if you will need to colour code though.

Megane Mk4
Bet it was an old gimp too..

Or worse yet, a woman*.. You know how badly they are at getting in and out of parking spaces.

Seriously though, someone scraped my passenger side mirror a few weeks back too. Same as the OP though, I'm having to dig into my pocket to fix it as the twonk who did it was a in best terms, a sh*t driver. Not cheap, even more so as they're colour coded.. Might just see if I can fill/respray it..

*I'm not sexist btw, it's just fact they can't park properly.. Must be the six inch thing.. ;)

Clio 182FF
I always try and park my car well away from anyone or anything, I don't care if I have to walk further to the shop. The amount of threads like this just proves that there are too many people on the road that shouldn't be. I hate leaving my car on the road.

Hope you get it fixed.

Clio 1.2 turbo
Good on you!:)

You can get the whole wing mirror at eurocarparts only £18..dont know if you will need to colour code though.

Might have to get it there. I got a quote from the dearlers as everywhere else said it too new to have the right part!! :S Quoted £30 just for the glass!!!

koi

Audi S1
ah sorry didn't realise you had a mk3, didn't see any when I was at the scrappy last week

172 cup
:( Sorry to hear that! But as has been said - it could be a lot worse! I know how you feel! Just got mine fixed and had to go through my insurance for someone elses mistake! :(

Clio 1.2 turbo
:( Sorry to hear that! But as has been said - it could be a lot worse! I know how you feel! Just got mine fixed and had to go through my insurance for someone elses mistake! :(

Was that for the vandalising to your car!! It really not nice!! :( Not worth me going through insurance!!! lol It looks horrible now!!

172 cup
Did you not see my car with the big dent in the side?! :(

A few weeks after it got keyed, i left it parked in Witham and someone went into the side of her! I returned to the car to find a big dent and no note/details or anything!! :(

Yeah yours won't be that much to repair, better just to do it yourself! :)

PH1 172
Hate it when people are so fooking inconsiderate to other people's property :dapprove: hope you get it fixed for minimum damage to your pocket.

I always try and park my car well away from anyone or anything, I don't care if I have to walk further to the shop. The amount of threads like this just proves that there are too many people on the road that shouldn't be. I hate leaving my car on the road.

Hope you get it fixed.

I try and do the exact same thing but it doesn't work...the amount of times I have parked in a car park making sure I am the other side away from the hustle and bustle with lots of parking spaces around me (10+ either side) and when I come back some plank has parked right next to my car when they could have had their own space with no one next to them :S

Clio 1.2 turbo
Did you not see my car with the big dent in the side?! :(

A few weeks after it got keyed, i left it parked in Witham and someone went into the side of her! I returned to the car to find a big dent and no note/details or anything!! :(

Yeah yours won't be that much to repair, better just to do it yourself! :)

Yer, forgot about tat!! :( have not had alot of luck with your car recently!!! Hope it looks ok for Le Mans!!! Alot easier doing it myself!!!