ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not driving within road conditions =

White clique
Nasty crash, but its hard to tell if the M3 driver actually did anything wrong, he could just have aquaplaned through no fault of his own as it didnt seem like he was travelling massively faster than the other 2 cars in the vid. There was quite a lot of surface water on that road!

M3

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Nasty crash, but its hard to tell if the M3 driver actually did anything wrong, he could just have aquaplaned through no fault of his own.

IMO 99% of the time it's the drivers fault through either excess speed, lack of attention or poorly maintained tyres, you don't generally aquaplain 'through no fault of your own'.

e91 330d/type r mini
IMO 99% of the time it's the drivers fault through either excess speed, lack of attention or poorly maintained tyres, you don't generally aquaplain 'through no fault of your own'.

m3's aquaplane for fun, maybe its because of the width of the tyres?? i think i am a competant driver but i hate being on the motorway when its raining hard in mine as standing water is a nightmare :(
but yes that bloke in his m3 certainly wasnt driving to the weather or road conditions and has paid an expensive price to learn that lesson and i bet next time he will be alot more carefull in heavy rain.

S4 Avant
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In a situation like that all your knowledge f**ks off.

When I was 17 I did a similar thing into a bollard, and I'd agree with you. Instant reaction is to slam on the brakes.

Having learnt some car control though, I avoided stuffing it years later when I lost the back end of the clio round a corner in the rain.

Learning to drive should really include some time on a skid pan.

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
I have booked time in what was called a evasive driving school and skid pan, as I have my classic mini, so no assistance from anything there :p