ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North Yorks meet ideas!!!!

172 cup
Right guys, seen as though Im the newly appointed area rep for North Yorks I thought Id better look as though Im the right candidate for the job.

I just thought it would be worth getting a few ideas/preferences down in a thread, in terms of meeting places/ride outs.

Here are a few that have been suggested thus far:

1. Whitby - nice drive out and fish and chips :approve:
2. Whetherby (sp) again fish and chips and I know there is a big enough car park to hold us all
3. Hull - Hull fair would have been a good idea but short notice and Im broke, however can definately do Hull in the future, maybe Humber Bridge
4. Castleford - I was thinking Xscape, we've had some meets here in the past and we could always have a game of pool or something

Any more suggestions??

I think the sooner we have a meet the better, with the weather changing and nights getting darker. I think maybe one at the beg of November would be good??

Preferences on days on a weekend would be worthwhile capturing too as if a lot of people cant make Sat's/Sun's we will go with the majority so that there is a potential for more people to turn up.

None
I'd be up for most of these places as some of them aren't much further than the colton meet place for me but any meets i attend would have be on a sunday unfortunately, just too knackered to drive out on a weekday and saturday after work :(
I agree with Jim too, a meet with a pre arranged drive out somewhere is much more appealing :)

Clio Trophy / RB182
Laser quest at Xscape...now we're talking...

Or maybe York races...good drive there,few cheeky dabbles on a gee-gee or 2..glass of champers,and we'd be on our way!

172 cup
Laser quest at Xscape...now we're talking...

Or maybe York races...good drive there,few cheeky dabbles on a gee-gee or 2..glass of champers,and we'd be on our way!

York races would be a good idea but its not cheap to be honest unless your on the grass and I dont think we will have the weather for it. Plus you cant really drive to the races, you'd have to park quite far away and make your way in some how.

Craig (Cat171) has been in touch and said he may be popping upto York again at some point, so........if anyone is up for a night out in York again and then maybe a meet the day after then let me know. Craig is going to let me know dates so we can try and work towards that.

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
York races would be a good idea but its not cheap to be honest unless your on the grass and I dont think we will have the weather for it. Plus you cant really drive to the races, you'd have to park quite far away and make your way in some how.

What's wrong with massive car park at the racecourse? I've always parked in there ;)

Alex H

ClioSport Club Member
True!

Dont you generally drink and bet at the races?? Not good if your driving.

If people want to do races thats cool with me

I don't drink at the races ;) Tend to win more when not sozzled. The only problem with a meet at the races is that the last meeting is this weekend, and the next one isn't until May 2010.

Whitby sounds do-able ;)

172 cup
I don't drink at the races ;) Tend to win more when not sozzled. The only problem with a meet at the races is that the last meeting is this weekend, and the next one isn't until May 2010.

Whitby sounds do-able ;)

Well this weekend is kinda short notice and I wouldnt be able to make it due to funds, which was why I suggested beg of Nov as Ill and probably a few others will have been paid.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
whitby looks like the number one choice. I'll probably miss out on the eat part as i'm pretty anti social.

172 cup
Matt,

Nothing around this area planned as we dont normally have a good turnout, however if people want a meet I can organise.

Check out the Yorkshire & Humber Meet section there are a coupld further afield coming up if you fancied them.

AGH the sl*g
i wouldnt mind organising a scarborough to whitby meet via some driving roads over the moors, as im sure quite a few would be up for it.

RB R26.R
im new to meets, thus my knowledge is low but has anyone driven the road from stokelsley to helmsley via great boroughton? its known as the 'helmsley tt'
pritty mint road.. some c**k drivers but its pritty nice and it leads to whitby so if theres any takers for a meet sometime when weather picks up its a possibility for a route back or to whitby...