ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North West Valet

200 FF Storm Grey
Somebody at work uses a valater fairly often so thought i'd give him a ring to check prices and what not.

My paintwork is knackered so asked him about a machine polish.

£35.00

That's for a full machine polish & full exterior and interior valet :eek:

Plus he will come to your place of work or home address around the Warrington, Leigh, Wigan area.

I think the normal price may be slightly more but with somebody else at my work using him I've got a discount, so if you're keen may be worth getting somebody else to book aswell.

http://www.1stchoicemobilevaleting.co.uk/

Mine is booked in for Monday so will let you know how I find him

Please don't do this. Please please please. For £35 he will not;

Pressure wash
snow foam
wash
clay
wash
dry
paint depth gauged
two+ stage polish
seal

Nor will he do anything with your plastics, wheels, arches, tyres, windows, interior etc...

What you will end up with is a more hologrammed car than before. It might look good when you pick it up, but it will have just been mopped, with no regard for paint depth.

I might be wrong, since you're booked in now, I hope I am. But it is a rarity that you get a decent detail for such a minimal amount of money. I'd charge more than that for a simple decontamination and seal, let alone paint correction.

Taken from the website;

"
OPTION 5 - THE PREMIER VALET

As option 1, 2, 3, 4 above plus full t-cut with machine or hand buff, engine bay cleaned and dressed, the inside is then deodorised making it smell like new again. Plus free air freshner.
Small-Medium cars £55
Large cars, 4x4, MPV's £65

Good God please don't go here.

200 FF Storm Grey
Nobody mentioned paint correction or detailing?

Pressure wash - Of course he will unless he brings a bucket and tap
Snow Foam - He may well not, but it's not going to harm my car by not doing it
Wash - Don't really see why you think he wouldn't wash the car
Clay - Like I say, nobody mentioned a detail nor would I expect it under the title of valet
Dry - I am fairly certain he will dry the car
Paint Depth Gauged - Why would I expect this in a valet? lol
Seal - He's already told me he doesn't wax and that the polish contain a sealent (not that I believe that, so i'll be waxing it straight after)

It's £35.00 mate, not expecting it to be sterolised in an air locked room & washed with holy water

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
string_mop.jpg

You have quite a nice car.

Good luck.

It's funny it'll cost you more than double the price for retification after he's finished with it.

200 FF Storm Grey
iirc he uses the 7 bucket method and the aroma of a 1000 virgins to scent the car

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
FPMSL, no thanks i'd rather take it to the polish.

Would never trust a car cleaning business that had "Valet" in their trading name either. The proper boys know it's called "Detailing".

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Cunney DONT GO!!! in January if you want the car cleaning properly ill charge you £35 n it will look 300% better than when he's finished with it

Somebody at work uses a valater fairly often so thought i'd give him a ring to check prices and what not.

My paintwork is knackered so asked him about a machine polish.

£35.00

That's for a full machine polish & full exterior and interior valet :eek:

Plus he will come to your place of work or home address around the Warrington, Leigh, Wigan area.

I think the normal price may be slightly more but with somebody else at my work using him I've got a discount, so if you're keen may be worth getting somebody else to book aswell.

http://www.1stchoicemobilevaleting.co.uk/

Mine is booked in for Monday so will let you know how I find him

Clay - Like I say, nobody mentioned a detail nor would I expect it under the title of valet
Seal - He's already told me he doesn't wax and that the polish contain a sealent (not that I believe that, so i'll be waxing it straight after)

It's £35.00 mate, not expecting it to be sterolised in an air locked room & washed with holy water

Hi, am I going mad?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
you mentioned paint correction, polishing is paint correction. Just dont go

Call me pedantic, but you can polish something without correcting paintwork.

;)

I'm out of the detailing scene now anyway. All my detailing stuff was stolen out the garage the other week. I'm going to pay someone to do it from now on. Not NW Valet though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I want to take a crappy car to him just to see exactly what it is he claims to do.

200 FF Storm Grey
Call me pedantic, but you can polish something without correcting paintwork.

;)

I'm out of the detailing scene now anyway. All my detailing stuff was stolen out the garage the other week. I'm going to pay someone to do it from now on. Not NW Valet though.

That's sort of the way I understand it, paint correction to me is fully stripping it down to it's bare bones & building the protection back up.

If the worse happens when the sun comes I'll spend the weekend giving it a proper detail, but for £35 I'm willing to take the plunge (the valet is usually £50 on it's own, so like I say I think it's just a big discount to try and get the business)

I'll update the thread with pictures good or bad :rasp:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's sort of the way I understand it, paint correction to me is fully stripping it down to it's bare bones & building the protection back up.

If the worse happens when the sun comes I'll spend the weekend giving it a proper detail, but for £35 I'm willing to take the plunge (the valet is usually £50 on it's own, so like I say I think it's just a big discount to try and get the business)

You won't be able to fix what he will do to your car.

It will need professionally rectified. Especially on a black car.

Paint correction is, by definition, the correction of the paintwork.

TCut is a paint correction product. A s**t one, but still a polish.

Call car washing, detailing, etc what you will. And take the piss as much as you like with "holy water" this and "air tight" that. But you will not be happy when your hard earned £35 gets you a car worse off than when you started. And with less paint. If you had any idea how much clearcoat TCut by machine will remove, you would be as amused that you are going ahead with this as I am.

iirc he uses the 7 bucket method and the aroma of a 1000 virgins to scent the car

And take this little lot as me taking the bait, but you're clearly a moron and are about to be taken for £35.

I really can't wait for a similar thread to "I took it to a monkey and got s**t thrown at my car".

AND IT'S A BLACK GOLD! Christ, now I am amused.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Seriously in my opinioin, for £35 you may aswell throw it down the drain. I wouldn't even detail a car without polishing it for £35. Machine polishing is a big job and it requires a lot of skill and patience, I learn something new everytime I do it.

Secondly, if he's doing it for £35 it's not going to be a proper job. To do an OK job on a car, your talking 8 hours worth of work. To do a PROPER job on a car you're talking 2 days. For £35 he will have your car done in 2 hours, if that.

My advise would be to go to an enthusiast. Yes you would probably pay around £100-£150 BUT:
a) Your car will be done properly
b) After this initial outlay you would only need to wash your car as per normal over the year, and it will still look as good as the day it was detailed
c) See point A

Up to you though, I aprpeciate some people aren't as bothered about paint maintenance as some of us "freaks" on here, but I personally would want it done properly or not at all.

WTF,

where.. in Sheffield or Maidenhead?! :(

Can't wash the car in Maidenhead mate as there is no where to do it. This is why you can no longer tell what colour my car is :approve: It was in Sheffield, so until I can be arsed to get back into it again i'm going to twist either JD's or Dawns arm when I have enough disposable income.

Jamie - bit harsh calling him a moron!

VRS
Paint correction is, by definition, the correction of the paintwork.

TCut is a paint correction product. A s**t one, but still a polish.

Call car washing, detailing, etc what you will. And take the piss as much as you like with "holy water" this and "air tight" that. But you will not be happy when your hard earned £35 gets you a car worse off than when you started. And with less paint. If you had any idea how much clearcoat TCut by machine will remove, you would be as amused that you are going ahead with this as I am.

Listen to Jamie on this one fella!

if your goin to get some one to valet the car at least tell him to steer clear of the t-cut and just give it a wash and dry for you and a quick spruce on the exterior plastics and interior :approve:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Up to you though, I aprpeciate some people aren't as bothered about paint maintenance as some of us "freaks" on here, but I personally would want it done properly or not at all.

I would usually agree with this point but the fact is he cares enough to want the paint corrected/detailed/ruined, but as usual people want it done cheap.

You get what you pay for and you'll realise this when you get a quote to fix it. Probably from a bodyshop.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
just give me the £35 or infact clean it yourself and with that £35 quid buy some black hole its only a filler but better than what he'll do

Some of you are very very presumptuous when have absolutely zero idea what this guy is like. What's he done, what he can do or how he works.

He might deem his time to be worth less than what you charge. Just because he's got a website doesn't push him out of the hobby side of it. I could have a website up and running for anything before lunchtime.

£35 might be to him a new xbox game that he wants. Swap a few hours time for a month or two of enjoyment. If the price was £350 you wouldn't have said a single one of these things. You're letting price guide your view.

It's not a physical product, I know products go into it, but the cost of those (for the % he'll actually use) is minute. So really it's his time and knowledge that you're paying for. Lets say I want to charge you for a logo for your new business. I can charge you £35 or you can go to a big agency and they'll use all kinds of stupid buzzwords and charge £65k like they did for the Olymipics 2012 logo.

Sometimes you detailing fairies on here like to pretend you're the only people in the world capable of washing a car.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sometimes you detailing fairies on here like to pretend you're the only people in the world capable of washing a car.

Nothing to do with being presumptious - His website says a lot about it, and whats that saying go? " if its too good to be true it's usually is"?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Dan i'm sorry but we're entitled to because the guy is claiming to machine polish cars using and I quote "As option 1, 2, 3, 4 above plus full t-cut with machine or hand buff"

I don't agree that's acceptable to claim you're going to machine polish a car using t-cut.

That is the point, Dan. We don't. We tell the world that we are the only ones that know how to detail. Big difference and that's where the line divides Billy with a Buffer and a professional/hobbiest detailer.

£35 for a car wash is a good price. Saying you'll paint correct with a product closer to Nitromors than a polish is what is getting my and/or other people's backs up.

If someone supplied your shop with designer labels at a fraction of the price, but they were made from products that degraded in a very short space of time, or actually caused bodily harm, that would represent the feeling detailers experience when threads like this come up.

But hey, Cunney, listen fella; it is your money and I hope for your car's sake he does a good job for you. Apologies for the insult, just get a little wound up!

200 FF Storm Grey
I'm taking it on boards lads, I aint being ignorant towards your views.

I spoke with him on the phone and he said he would be using polish, no mention of t-cut although I will check this.

I do take pride in my car so I'm not getting it done purely because it's cheap (I've put thousands into it), it was more for the fact that for £35.00 I'm happy for it to be washed inside and out, the machine polish was just a bonus, although it does seem like it may be a bonus I don't necessarily want so I may just ask him to leave the machine polishing depending on the feeling I get when I meet him (if he rolls up in a tranny van with a couple of sponges and a bucket then I'll know).

But like revels said, reading too much into the price, he may genuinely be good at his job and looking to set up a good customer base.

I'll keep you all posted and if it all goes tits up then JD expect a PM asking for prices lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not interested in price. My last 3 details were for free and forgive me for saying but i'm very good.

The mention of t-cut and machine "buff" was enough for me.

Evo 5 RS
I know there are some genuine professionals out there, but I'd rather just do it myself for the satisfaction anyway. I've had the experience of, and I use the term loosely, a £65 'detail' and it cost me the money I should of gave him for doing the job getting parts repainted. Or idiots that think they're professionals and can't understand simple science. Like when plastic reaches a certain temperature...things happen

Last edited:
  200 FF Storm Grey
Just found out he's actually coming this afternoon to do a colleagues car so will have a chat with him (she's not getting it polished, just the outside & inside clean)

Lol, no worries lad, although being Wigan based I might have to point you in another detailers direction like Jim or Russ (lack of time you see chap).

200 FF Storm Grey
Cancelled it on friday lol, seeing as I didn't particarly fancy the machine polish any longer it seemed pointless getting it cleaned with the weather being how it is.

Taking it to a body shop i've used in the past in a few week to just get the polishing done and I'll be giving it a full detail after