ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North East 2012 FCS

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys n gals.

I have not been on here for a while as i have been busy but my favourite meet of the year is creeping up on us and i like to organise it the best i can.

FCS 2012 has changed from all the other years.

This year it is going to be held at Donington Park which you can find here: http://g.co/maps/7w6m8

Like last year, and the previous year im hoping to get a decent group together to have a nice drive down there.

Ive been talking to a few close friends on here and we have decided that Nottingham is going to be the best place to get a hotel around and is going to have the best night life to. (Cant have FCS without a good piss up as some of you may know if you have joined us before!)

So i have found this travelodge in Nottingham: http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/parking_facilities.php?hotel_id=474 (Google Maps Link: http://g.co/maps/xt5ty)

This travelodge is nicely situated in 3 mile from nottingham town centre which means taxis shouldn't be too bad but far enough away that we are not in the hustle and bustle of the city. There is a Toby Carvery adjoining the hotel so breakfasts, evening meals and beer are available here. There is a row of shops just on the opposite junction to the hotel for all your needs. There is plenty of parking around the hotel so it will be perfect for lots of little clios (and meganes).

The current price is £39.95 per night based on 2 sharing. From previous expierience of Travelodges you normally get a double bed and a sofa bed so you can really get 3 per room, or more if you want people on the floor. Depends how stingy you are being on the price. But £20 each between you and your mate is nothing for a night with the lads.

The hotel is 15 mile (25 minutes) from Donington Park so its not to much of a drive the next morning.

Previous years we have met Scotch Corner services at about 11 ish and then set off at about 11.30 to the destination. Last year we did meet up with the north west lot which was good fun and we all drove down together in one huge convoy and im sure, if there up for it, that we can do it again this year.

From Scotch Corner services it is about a 2 hour drive.

Ill post up more information and ill decide the time once we have some input from members.

These plans are not set in stone, just mere sugestions and ill happily listen to any other users who have ideas.

Please post below.

Thanks, Sam!!

Me and four friends would join for the ride down to Nottingham. We have already booked a travel lodge at donnington and i'll have to stay sober on the Saturday night as i'm on track at 9am

I'm up for the night out as last year was a great night out.

However, I'll probably go straight from manchester to the hotel as its quite long winded to go over the peaks to meet you guys to come back. I only fancy going for the night and because its close.

Diesel Barge
I'm up for the night out as last year was a great night out.

However, I'll probably go straight from manchester to the hotel as its quite long winded to go over the peaks to meet you guys to come back. I only fancy going for the night and because its close.

Nice one :D

RB 200
might head down, i'll have a word with the mrs and see what the score is .. how many days/nights you planning on having down there?
we'll get something sorted eah :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Will no doubt see you chaps at the show, think I'm working the saturday so will not be getting to the hotel until late, maybe time for a pint or three though

I totally forgot to book the hotel now Wollaton Park is fully booked lol, so I've just booked the M1 Trowell, it's only 2miles away though. & it's my birthday on the 16th so I'll be getting pissed this year for a change :drunk:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Right. Since the hotel is fully booked I would like to know by Friday if anyone else has booked. I dont think anyone else has but we shall see.

Me and Cadab are going to cancel our booking and book at the M1 Trowell services hotel so that we are all in one place.

Has anyone got any problems with this PM me or post in here.

Sam.

I went to look at booking the other night and noticed it was fully booked up. Gutted tbh, not sure if I'm going to book another place or just drive down in the morning.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Just book into the one we are going in Jon. Jamie is booking tonight so there is a good few of us here now.

Sam.

R26/200 Raider
Would have loved to make it a 2 day job, unfortunately i will have to make do with the Sunday only.