ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NORFBEST meet 29/08/10

Black Clio GT
Afternoon ladies/gents...
Was out with a few of the norfbest lot last night... we got onto the subject of what to do for the next meet and doing something rather than just meeting up in a car park....
After seeing a thread reply about Freds A-Team van being used in a banger race, got the thought process going and trying to include a little more of the northwest lot seemed to go down well so......

On 29/08/10 (bank holiday sunday) there is a stock car race meeting at Warton in the lake district, having been there many time myself i know it will be abit of a laugh so want to get an idea of numbers/peoples interest before i book the weekend off work.
As its a bank holiday weekend the stock car club also have a bit of a laugh by putting on a few extra races and generally get a big turn out in terms of cars racing. One of the races being a CARAVAN D.D which is just carnage :)

Warton is about about 60 miles from manchester and takes about an hour to get to, racing starts at around mid-day so leaving plenty of time for possible traffic jams/a few services stops for people to join the convoy, i think we should be aiming to leave the first meeting point (T.B.A.) at 09.30ish.
The road that leads to the track is very bumpy and people with slammed cars will end up with broken splitters ect so i plan on parking as near to the exit as possible which will leave a 10min walk to the track!
The track its self is very basic so there are no grandstands and its practically on the beach so can get very windy, a coat and somthing to sit on is a must.... fold away camping chairs ftw!!!
Racing normally finishes around 6ish so we can head back to manchester and stop off at a 2 for 1 pub for some food and maybe head into town for drinks/banter if the manc lot are inteested in that too??

Any more info you may need is in the link bellow..

http://www.wartononline.com/

A little taster for what to expect can be found on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=warton+banger+racing+2010&aq=3

Phase 1 Clio 172
I might be at this already my mates race in the bangers so will be there or at belleview on the 28th

Black Clio GT
sorry guys this will have to be CANCELLED

i am un-able to get the time off work now and there didnt seem to be much interest anyway.....