ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nooooooobie Alert!!

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Hi Guys.

We have just bought a Clio 1.4 16v 3dr Dynamique, March 2004. It has Climate Control, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, 39000 Miles, Full Renault History, One Owner, Black Pearl, Black Cloth Interior etc.

What would you say that little car is worth?? I would be interested to know if we got a good deal. (We bought it privately).

Anyway, I don't want to pull it about lots, it's just a daily driver really. However, Xenon headlights are appealing. I know there are various kits on the market (£100-£150 etc). Do any of you guys use these?

Alternatively, can you just retro-fit the Xenon headlight units from a car that had them fitted from the factory, or are there wiring changes involved also? I wondered if I might be able to buy them from a Renault breakers.

Thanks in advance for your help.:star:

RS Clio 200
i think you can retro fitsome 172/182 ones mate... quite a few people pn here have done so... Not sure on the wiring though.... best just to have a look thorugh the media>clio section and find one, then send pm.

And then cough up £5 to join CS heheee its worth it :p

RS Clio 200
commossion? i wish... i cant even seem to be offered a place as southern rep LOL

must try harder

BMW M135i
Theres are variety of aftermarket HID kits avaliable on the net but you'd be best of with retro fitting the proper renault xenon clusters. For a start they've got the proper projectors for the xenon bulbs and the wiring is plug and play.

There not cheap to get though unless you get a deal, I payed £160 for mine which was an absolute bargain. I've usually seen them going for around about the £400 mark sometimes cheaper.

Any excuse for a pic:

IMG_0375.JPG

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
bmh.01, thats looks superb. I want to keep it looking 'proper', so I reckon I will look out for a proper set of clusters. So, are you saying that it's just a case of swapping the clusters? The new ones just plug in??

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Oh, by the way, I am feeling VERY drawn towards a Renault Sport 197. I fell in love with the Blue one with White Speedlines at Autosport. Very OTT, but I liked it. The upgraded Recaro's are LOVELY!!

Would make a nice replacement for the RST. OK, not as powerful, but just as much fun in many ways, I'm sure.

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
LOL. I reckon most people on the 'net know about it anyway.

It was the star of a video that did the rounds a year ago. Anyone know the one I mean yet??!!

u wot? something to show?

Please tell me you haven't seen it!! I am yet to find a car forum where the regulars haven't seen the video and a 10-page thread hasn't followed about the fact that a FWD RST reels in a tuned Evo. That's a story for another time. LOL.

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST

Shame it's been cut short...I'm sure the full version has the evo come flying back past as soon as the rs sees a bend;)

LOL. Don't start!!

The full version is on YouTube and can easily be found. That was what most of the fuss was over. What people failed to realise is that I pretty much coasted down and the Evo out-braked and out-cornered me, as you would expect. No-one said the RST was the better car!! The point was that it takes ALOT of power onto the tarmac to reel in a car with the spec of that Evo. It's one thing to stay beside one on the motorway, but to actually regain a 1/4 mile headstart......;)

The Evo boys got a little protective until they realised that both myself and the owner of the Evo are work colleagues and that I map alot of Jap car's so have a little idea what I am talking about. I think they thought I was a cap-wearing youngster (no offence intended) and that it was a set-up of some kind.

BMW M135i
bmh.01, thats looks superb. I want to keep it looking 'proper', so I reckon I will look out for a proper set of clusters. So, are you saying that it's just a case of swapping the clusters? The new ones just plug in??

Yep, swapping the clusters is a bumper off job but its not as scary as it sounds. Wiring wise its just plug and play.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Shame it's been cut short...I'm sure the full version has the evo come flying back past as soon as the rs sees a bend;)

LOL. Don't start!!

The full version is on YouTube and can easily be found. That was what most of the fuss was over. What people failed to realise is that I pretty much coasted down and the Evo out-braked and out-cornered me, as you would expect. No-one said the RST was the better car!! The point was that it takes ALOT of power onto the tarmac to reel in a car with the spec of that Evo. It's one thing to stay beside one on the motorway, but to actually regain a 1/4 mile headstart......;)

The Evo boys got a little protective until they realised that both myself and the owner of the Evo are work colleagues and that I map alot of Jap car's so have a little idea what I am talking about. I think they thought I was a cap-wearing youngster (no offence intended) and that it was a set-up of some kind.

Fair enough ;) Have you run the rs at pod?

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Hi Guys.

We have just bought a Clio 1.4 16v 3dr Dynamique, March 2004. It has Climate Control, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlights, 39000 Miles, Full Renault History, One Owner, Black Pearl, Black Cloth Interior etc.

What would you say that little car is worth?? I would be interested to know if we got a good deal. (We bought it privately).

Back on topic for a minute, anyone want to give me an idea what they think our little Dynamique is worth??!! ;)

The RST is only just into the 13's on the 1/4 mile, it has been geared for top speed, hence it being slow off the line in that vid. (coupled with my shite launching!!). It is within a whisker of 170mph though, which isn't bad for a little 1600 8v!!

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST

Yep, swapping the clusters is a bumper off job but its not as scary as it sounds. Wiring wise its just plug and play.

Sounds too good to be true!! I would rather use OE clusters than an aftermarket kit. So, I just need to find a pair of clusters.:cool: