ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nooo! failed my MOT

mk2 1.4
Broken suspension coil on the front, about 3 inches just snapped off:dapprove: how much do you think i should be paying to get it repaired? got a quote of £210.. do you think im getting scammed? how easy would it be to do myself? thanks

172cup
waaaayyy too expensive. buy the springs from cliospares.co.uk and do it yourself.Ive never done it though (so easy for me to say lol), but i've heard its a doddle!

megane
just a coil thats not a hard job is it, dont think its majorly hard either as long as uve basically seen it done b4 an have the tools

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Apex IIRC on std shocks. Std springs on std shocks would be a different story. Nearly lost a couple of fingers when the compressors popped off an Astra Diesel spring I was doing. Horrible and genuinely dangerous job.

megane
lol i just remembered i had a m8 who did this to his bros clio , wanted to no if id help said NO CHANCE !!
saw him a week l8r with a beuty of a black eye lol, he was lucky
seen 1 flyin across r workshop too once smased a front window, wen they go they certainly go

Milltek'd 182
you'l need a ramp to change the spring. but for someone who knows what they are doing it wont take long at all. you will need spring compressors. max 20 mins work to change the springs.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I did my 172 springs without a spring compressor, just be brave ;)

mk2 1.4
oh actually, does anyone near bristol have any standard springs? it seems everyone replaces them... i cant afford the insurance though:dapprove:

Clio's
you'l need a ramp to change the spring. but for someone who knows what they are doing it wont take long at all. you will need spring compressors. max 20 mins work to change the springs.

why do you need a ramp? its an easy job! just make sure you have spring compressors!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Non gen springs are £40-45 quid each a lot more if genuine the last ones i brought due to me working for renault were £30. Drop me a PM as im in bristol to.