ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noob Question Inside

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi,

Right, so I spent a good few hours on my car the other day the other day. It was the first time I'd used most of the stuff like snowfoam, clay, tardis etc so took me longer than expected. Now, I used my Werkstat Acrylic Kit that I bought and the car looks amazing. Looks like it's on a quater of the mileage it's actually on.

Anyway, I used the Prime, then 3 layers of the Jett Trigger and a final wipe down with the Glos. There was a lot of tar on the car before I used the Tardis so even though I have got the sealant on, will tar still stick to the paintwork? If so, when I use Tardis to get it off, it'll remove the sealant? Do I then just use the sealant again in that area as it will obviously not be as protected as the rest of the paint.

Sorry for the school boy question :eek:
Cheers

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yep.... If you use Tardis you will essentially be stripping all the layers off so will need to go through the stages again.

STEALTH RAIDER
Tar would stick to it yes but it shouldnt stick like it usually does. With any good sealants, i find that a weak solution of valet pro orange pre wash is good on an area, leave for a min and wash with your mitt as you usually would but dont press hard or you will marr the paint. A bit of patience and it will come off. Always saved me re applying, plus i dont cut corners and would usually end up stripping the full section to make sure the coats are put on properly