ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non starter

5gtt turbo and 172
Hi people, i have owned my phase 1 cliosport for a few weeks now and its my daily driver, im really enjoying the ole girl but today i went to start it and it seems as if its not getting fuel, it turns over etc , im heading towards the fuel pump bit im not sure what to check as im normallya reno 5 man, im quite sure its not the immobilser but cant be certain...err any suggestions kind people, it was fine on friday when i drove home...:S

172 cup
disconnect fuel line where it joins injector rail and see if fuel comes out when you put ignition on . . . might want to put it in a bottle or something to stop it pissing everywhere

I've heard of fuel pump fuses popping before . . . check that too

5gtt turbo and 172
disconnect fuel line where it joins injector rail and see if fuel comes out when you put ignition on . . . might want to put it in a bottle or something to stop it pissing everywhere

I've heard of fuel pump fuses popping before . . . check that too

Cheers buddy , thats sound advice , will do..sounding like a wally, where is the fuse , in the door side or under bonnet...i dont have a manual as of yet....:(

Last edited:
  172 cup
not 100% sure where the fuel pump one is. But there is a fuse box on passenget side of dash where to door card meets dash if that makes sense

5gtt turbo and 172
not 100% sure where the fuel pump one is. But there is a fuse box on passenget side of dash where to door card meets dash if that makes sense

indeed, ahh , thats kind of what i meant..ill check both ideas and go from there..anyone think it could be anything else?....just in case like?...ta.

Ph1 is a small fuse in the engine bay box (passenger side) for fuel pump

Also Ph1, check the cut-off switch hasnt been activated, make sure its pressed down.

Have a look in the engine bay its a big red button, lol.

Happened on mine the other day, went over a bump and it popped up (cuts fuel in a crash/bump)...The fuel pump will not prime or run if its popped up.

If thats pressed down and it still wont go check the fuse I mentioned :)

5gtt turbo and 172
good luck, hopefully you wont need it. Fingers crossed for a one off popped fuse

Cherers all you lovely people, another succesfull post for the cliosport peeps, she is alive....:D, a polite note to oneself...when fitting a strut brace try not to press this button with it....:eek:...:coffee:, what a :butt:head.....lol, cheers again.

Jordan good luck with yours too.

172 cup
haha no worries fella, though I cant take claim for the magic red button suggestion. Glad its working again

Cherers all you lovely people, another succesfull post for the cliosport peeps, she is alive....:D, a polite note to oneself...when fitting a strut brace try not to press this button with it....:eek:...:coffee:, what a :butt:head.....lol, cheers again.

Lol, cool.

TrackCar & F30 330d
is it just a ph1 172 which has the cut off button? as my car was working fine and i stalled it quite vilently and now its completly dead.

Golf GT TDI

nice one buddy. lol

iam going to need more than luck..... more like a bank loan lol