ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non Start PH2 172

This morning I had a non starting problem. Unlock vehicle, ignition on and when turning to crank it goes dead.

No tools with me so all I could do was check passengers fuse box - all ok and engine bay relays/fuses. These where quite corroded so I managed to scrape them up a bit with a knife and sandpaper.

My initial thoughts are, Battery with poor CCA, starter motor or immobiliser.

I was under the impression if it was immobiliser it would crank? I can hear fuel pump priming and all interior works. It's happened before intermittently both hot and cold once and it started after 3 or for attempts.

Any ideas? Ill be going home tonight with a multimeter and some tools. Yes I know it requires clip or dealer diagnostics but any other input will be helpful.

Any one had similar?

Joe

If anyone's interested. I twatted the starter motor with a hammer and now it starts. Will be on the to do list. Wish it played up last weekend so I could of replaced it when I put the 182 manifold on.

​Oh well

It's a renault so probably a pig. I did a quick search and I think you can wiggle it out past the driveshaft with inlet manifold off and exhaust undone and moved back. Ill find out this weekend!