ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non standard alloys - insurance

roughly how much difference would non standard alloys make to my insurance.

I know this is a bit of a how long is a piece of string question, but im just after an idea.

cheers

172 cup'd extreme

mu tooras added £25 but it all depends on the company and your age and somtimes the size of the wheel etc

Can someone just confirm that a 1993 1.8 16v would have had 15" wheels as standard.

My insurance company (AA) are saying that anything upto 2" bigger is ok but they reckon it would have had 14" wheels as standard.

my company (diamond) charged me £86 extra which i didnt think was that bad, as i had previsously been quoted over £200 from then. Then they thought it would be fun to charge me an extra £296 for moving from an ip7 postcode to a co1..even tho before the car was parked on road etc and the area had a high car crime rate and now its off road, garaged, residents only parking, but that doesnt make a difference! lol b******s

Your valver definitely had 15s as standard. Adrian Flux havent charged me anything for changing wheels, they dont seem to care one bit really.

well if it goes up too much ill tell em to stick it.

Ive got 5yrs ncd so ive nothing to lose.

I could have got it cheaper anyway but i used the AA last time so it was easy to stick with them.

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 23 November 2004

Directline charged me £156 extra
Bloody hell.. when I declared my old alloys they told me I was ok, because I had alloys as standard!

Ihave just checked on the logbook, it is actually a 1992 model. Would that mean it had 14inch wheels.

AA are refusing to change my policy because the 17" alloys are more than 2" bigger than the standard. but that of course depends on what you think were standard.

Thats where there getting mixed up. They say they use the Parkers Guide, so either thats wrong or they a bunch of thick tw*ts. either way they wont budge.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

just a quick question but a 1996 phase 2 valver obviously comes with phase 2 vegas now if i put a set of original turbines on would i have to declare them as theyre not strictly the original wheels even though they are if you get what i mean? (!)

BMW M3 - For Sale!

yep u still gotta declare them. im sure if u explained to em tho, the premium wouldnt be any different

If you are complet numpty like me and you didnt know what the standard wheels were, where do you stand?

BTW i cancelled the AA policy. Elephant have done it for 480, thats me and our lass fully comp, with the wheels decalared. They didnt even ask the size of them!