ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non RS ph2 rear suspension Mods. Need Help!

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v
Hello guys I have a few questions. After searching the web in Germany (Yeah I know, it sucks) I am unable to find a rear Axle beam for a clio 172/182 at all. I am looking for ways to make my stock beam better (ph2 Facelift, 1.4l 16v). I will be getting/Making Bushings for all around so that is taken care of. I don't mind keeping drums, although discs would be better. but I just want it to handle better. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The rear beam on a non-sport is not the weak link. It's the front suspension set up being so different to the sports. The rear is pretty much the same track if not the same. Sort the front out and then worry about the back.

shamelessly going to promote my channel :)

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v
Front is already being sorted, pu bushings all around better shocks and springs with a wilwood brake setup. I'm not sure what else I can do to the front. Its going to be a road car.

I've also heard (read) that a lot of people swap the rear beam out and say it's a day and night difference

Grey2231

ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio 2 1.4 16v

Nice video. As for widening the car I have 15mm spacers front and rear with 195 tires on my 15" rims. I also don't want to lower it as it's pretty low on it's own and with the wider tires and spacers it will rub and German streets are not well suited for lowered cars. I like to take this car to a local tarmac rally course so I'm perfectly ok with the ride height. Some stiffer springs would be better though and I believe the 182 springs are the same height but stiffer. Is it worth it to weld in strengthening supports for the rear? And I will attempt to mod my subframe for cup sway bars.