ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non of my Washers not working

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Can anyone help

Non of my washers work, head light, windscreen front or back. I can hear the motor working, so I assume that’s ok, and there is water in the bottle.

Just thought it was worth an ask before I started pulling it apart.

Thanks

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the pump, there's a seal inside that swells over time and they leak internally so the impeller can't produce the pressure needed to pump the fluid.

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Good point I will have another go

None of my washers are working

But sounds like I need a new pump, they have not been used for about 3 years as it’s a summer toy, but will check the the tubes first

Thanks

PH2 172
Probably the pump, there's a seal inside that swells over time and they leak internally so the impeller can't produce the pressure needed to pump the fluid.

My bladder has an internal leak.

The piston can swell, and remain seized at one end, but liquid will emerge somewhere unless the pipes or jets are blocked.

2018-06-16 22.08.17.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they do.

Can't remember if the wiper linkage has to come out to get the bottle out. Was ages ago when I did mine last.

Wiper linkage needs to be removed, its a doddle though, only three bolts. Just have to remember the locating dowel on the bulkhead on re-installation!

As @STEVE.M mentions, often its the valve that sticks and causes these issues. I went one step further than normal for the headlight washers and removed the valve completely. Although they now get a double spray its one less thing to worry about.

Also most of the aftermarket pumps are pretty s**t. Best to trim down the rubber seal and keep the original.