ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Non genuine exhaust mounts

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Seen loads of exhaust mounts on ebay from motor factors for less than half the price of original. Anyone used these?
As the genuine ones are so rubbish are these any worse?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Seen loads of exhaust mounts on ebay from motor factors for less than half the price of original. Anyone used these?
As the genuine ones are so rubbish are these any worse?

Iv just bought one they feel look and are cheap. But it will do the trick for a few years I'm sure.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
The genuine ones are s**t, as are aftermarket ones that are cheap, but considering I got mine for two pound each I don't mind changing them every few months.

FRS
I just got a set home and they look like cheap shite! Tried taking the torx headed bolts out and all were seized, ended up snapping my tool and taking a chunk out my finger! Lol

Westfield, 182, 200
There's a thread on here somewhere that shows how to remove the rubber from inside the rear mount and fit a powerflex or similar mount inside. The new mount's cable tied in place and doesn't look 'factory', but I did mine nearly a year ago and have had no problems since.

Ian.

Clio 182
I just got a set home and they look like cheap shite! Tried taking the torx headed bolts out and all were seized, ended up snapping my tool and taking a chunk out my finger! Lol

Get a proper socket on it instead of a torx key.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I use non genuine, but not the very cheapest ones you can buy, which are utter muck. Tried lots before I found the ones I like, which I sell at £16.50 each, so cheaper than genuine but just as good.

The £7 ones last about a week usually

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Getting the updated centre hanger is on my to do list,
tbh i'm just going to get the Prima racing one so I never have to buy another hanger ever again.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I keep the center hangers on the shelf, you should have said you needed one when you came over

I bought a rear one from my local Motor Factors for about £7. It's been fine for the six months that it's been on there.