ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

non fault claim pending nearly doubled my premium

Monaco Clio 172
in april a van bumped into my missus and we decided to go through insurance. Now my renewal is due in the 15th of this month and its nearly doubled and ive lost 3 yrs no claims. I rang adrian flux and all they said is id get them back and the extra money when the claim was complete. i cant go with some one else because they will only prove 2 yrs no claims. how long should this claim take to complete? Im out of pocket and its not my fault plus i wasnt even in the car.

When your claim is settled you will get your money that you've over paid back and get all the no claims you've earnt back as well. That is of course if it's settled as a non fault claim on your behalf but it can take a while. Just keep on at them to get it sorted

Just pay now. Once the NCB is reinstated you will get refunded right back to the begining.

I was in the same situation. 1 week before renewal I got smashed into. It went from £830 to £2k due to going back to 0 ncb and having an accident pending.

About 5 months later my ncb was reinstated and they backdated the refund and gave me about 1.2k back.

Clio 182 FF
My claim was really simple but took 16 months to settle,they settled 2 days before it was due in court.At the end i got my extra money back and the years NCB they took of me.

MR2 Mk1.5
i cant go with some one else because they will only prove 2 yrs no claims.

There is nothing to stop you going elsewhere, you'll just have to get a quote based on 2 years NCB. If the claim is settled non fault and your NCB is reinstated then you'll get a refund.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
you could be waiting ages mate. my mate got hit by a van when he was on his bike over a year ago. huge Que of traffic so he had laods of witness' was an outright case and its still going on...

Monaco Clio 172
UPDATE!!! Its all going well so should be sorted this week. just waiting for payment off the other side to cover the cost of the hire car but i was wondering if i go elsewhere for insurance will i have to tell them about a non fault claim even thou i wasnt the driver

Da

Less
Yes you will have to tell them, it's an accident regardless of who was the driver.

Monaco Clio 172
ill see what flux have to say when the claim closed. They owe me money which i paid them anyway so ill just get them to deduct that from the new quote.