ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N97 firmware update?

Monaco 172
ive read online there was a new version released today...v11.0.021

but my updater program doesnt find it and says my version 10.x.x.12 is the most recent one.

anyone updated theirs yet or know where to find it?

cheers

Monaco 172
what screen issue and i assume you know not how to get it then?

list of fixes...

Nokia has released a firmware update for N97 that brings a lot of improvements. The v11.0.021 is about 4MB and is available OTA (Over-the-air) or via NSU. Full changelog below:
- USB detection error fix
- PC does not detect N97 or USB charging connection not detected.
- Widget
- Home screen online/offline widget crash fix
- Fix for “Alphabetical and Number input are mixed in facebook until end key is pressed.
- Widget UI improvement – New facebook widget fixes a problem of Home Screen background visible on soft-key area.
- Browser fixes to improve widgets stability.
- MfE related fixes
- Partial fix for Messaging/calendar entry lost.
- Mail for exchange calendar entry synchronization error fix.
- UI transition error fixes (Portrait <-> landscape transition, there is a home screen corruption.)
- UI transition (Slowness and bad effects)
- Slow Touch UI response
- Picture of the device lock appears half of the screen when transitioning the UI sometimes
- Landscape: in some cases the soft buttons on touch (right hand) show the Home Screen in background (install maps.google.com)
- Photos thumbnail performance and stability improvements
- Device performance deteriorates when lots of content in the device – especially photos
- Partial fix no display backlight illumination when unlocking lock-key – CAP Genius reported already
- New version of Accueweather to improve the “Connection error” situation
- Device reset when browsing with high speed packet access (for Malaysia)
- “Browser soft key UI doesn’t work after putting Chinese character with qwerty keyboard”
- Java fixes (TCK, Pre-install app disappearing, *#7370#*)
- Operator fixes (CMCC, Hutchson and Telefonica, Vodafone)
- Ovi store client now embedded in the core image

Homo spec mazda
Sometimes when you unlock it the screen stays black or sometimes the backlight doesnt come on so you cant see whats going on.

But no I dont know how to get it, tried OTA and it says my firmware is up to date.

Thinking it may be because the firmware hasnt been approved by orange.

Monaco 172
yea i get that too, according to that list its fixed but its not official.

i think it must be the same for me, im on vodafone

Homo spec mazda
I thought my phone was unbranded though.

Hmm im gonna try it by cable and see where i get

Monaco 172
i get the same by cable, that the most up to date version is the 10.x.x.12 version. let me know how you get on

Homo spec mazda
Well since i own a mac this is gonna be a ballache

and i deleted my bootcamp partition so cant run windows
grrrr

il get back to you tomorrow.

T

thecremeegg

You need to change the phones code from Uk to a Euro one in order to get the new firmware

Monaco 172
just looked on how to do that there, sounds a bit ropey and some guy ended up needed a new phone as it renedered it useless!

T

thecremeegg

I did it with my N95, worked fine. Been back for repair and they didnt say anything about it. Heres Tom's guide from the sticky:

Debrand S60 Guide (N- Series, E-Series, Navigator Series)

The Guide:
1. Ensure that you have installed the Nokia PC Suite (on the CD supplied with the phone), make sure that your phone is connected via the USB cable and that it has been detected.

2. Download the following 2 pieces of software:
Nemesis Service Suite - Direct download link
The Nokia Software Updater -
3. Install Nemesis Service Suite. Open the program and then click the "Scan for new Device" icon in the top right of the screen. The screen should then be filled with information, click the "Phone Info" button at the top of the screen. Then click the "Read" button. Amongst other things this will show you the current product code of your phone. You now need to change this to a generic Nokia code. A standard code for the UK that you can use is 0534841 (N95 ONLY), for a full list of codes see The Nokia Blog. Replace the current product code with this new code. Then check the enable box and click the "Write button". You have now changed your phones product code! You can double check this by clicking the read button again, this should show your new product code.

4. You may at this stage wish to back up you contacts/files to carry over to the unbranded phone, to do this use Backup utility within the Nokia PC Suite.

5. You now just have to install the new firmware update. Make sure that you phone is connected to you computer through the USB cable and then open the Nokia Software Updater that you previously downloaded. Follow the step by step instructions and install the new firmwear. Do not at any time disconnect the phone until it tells you that it is safe to do so. Note the phone will restart itself during the update process.

6. That's it, you phone has now been debranded! You can now restore your files/contacts by going back into the Backup utility, however I suggest that you do not restore settings to the phone as this puts back some annoying operator defaults such has changed menu layouts.

7. If you wish to update your phones firmware in the future you simply need to use the Nokia Updater as usual as your phones product code will not need changing again.

The firmware will be out but only for a certain product code. As said you'll need to change your code or just wait a month or so for the other codes to be released.

Monaco 172
yea i agree there, too much money to waste if it does get wrecked! it can wait, not really THAT annoying anyway lol

BMW M135i
Changed my product code to a generic sim free euro1 code (as i've done for the last 4 symbian phones i've had) yesterday and flashed the v11 firmware on no issues or problems to report of yet.

172 Cup
Vodafone too... spoke to the woman on the phone and she said she'd sent me a link for the firmware update. It was basically details about the update and not the actual update. Silly ****.

Monaco 172
well i just bought the phone because i got my contract down to 20 a month so can still upgrade and then can sell two phones, otherwise id have to pay cancellation fee and go right the way up to at least 40 a month, most likely for 2 years.

Changed my product code to a generic sim free euro1 code (as i've done for the last 4 symbian phones i've had) yesterday and flashed the v11 firmware on no issues or problems to report of yet.

Same here. It's been working well. I wasn't sure about the N97 when I first got it but as I've been using it for the last few weeks its grown on me. Love the keyboard and camera, and now I'm beginning to find some really good apps for it (gravity, fring, nokia messaging).