ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia N80 problems

Sinclair C5
I've had my N80 about 3 weeks now, I have noticed a couple of problems with it,

I like to use the mp3 player on it when i go to the gym but it has the annoying habit of randomly switching from head phones to phone speaker so the rest of the gym get a loud blast of my music unexpectedly! i have checked the connection for the headphones and all seems fine.

Also, when i have the phone in my pocket I quite often ring people randomly, maybe its my fat ar5e that presses the relevant buttons but i think the position of the unlock keys is quite poor.

Anyone else had these problems and more importantly has anyone found any solutions to the problems?

Thanks

mk5 VDUB polo
mine seems to unlock itself in my pocket now and again but thats all thats really wrong

havnt worked out how to stop it yet though

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol. mine just locks up for ages on every txt i send...getting annoying now... might sell it and open a new one.

Focus RS, 182 gone
When you slide the phone open, the key pad unlocks, i use the auto lock feature to stop this, so you have to imput a code everytime you use the phone,a nd the problem with the music coming on is the headphones are comming loose. Locking up is a common fault, the firmware update should sort it out i think

182 Trophy 019/500
Mines just got damn slow lately! And the message thing is starting to annoy me too! I took mine to have the latest firmware put on it put they ended up loading the same as i had back onto the phone. D'oh!

Focus RS, 182 gone
must admit im p*ssed of with the slowness when sending messages, and the fact that when you recive a message it takes so long to get it on and read it. Sony erricson are miles better on this front, but the camera and video is better on the N80 than any other phone iv ever seen.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The new Remote update service should include n80 by the end of the week.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
See thread in tech chat thats been stickied

Last edited:
My N80 is seriously pissing me off at the moment, since the battery went flat one day i recharged it. Once charged and sorted i started using as normal.

Now i have found that the gallery doesnt show any item which is stored on the MMC card, however if i go to the file manager i can see all my pictures/music.

Secondly, when i open my contact its sits on the screen for about 2 mins then slowly updates.

Getting very annoyed with it, however i still love it.

Might take it back to the O2 shop and see if they can do anything, if not i might see if they can give me the N73 as an alternative

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
you should all take your n80's to a nokia service centre to get the latest firmware

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ummm DIY is ok if you know what your doing.

ive got about 5 years experence of flashing/fixing mobile phones and i would be very carefull about doing an n80

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Clart said:
I've had no problems with mine so far....

Have you not experienced the random locks when texting or the random reboots? Or the memory card dissapearing?

I installed the latest version yesterday, bit of a pain, the instructions on that site didn't work, eventually managed to cobble something together that recognised and flashed the phone.

Nice to be texting at full speed again.

If you're looking to run sat-nav on the phone it wont work with the version of software that you have, there is a bug in the bluetooth.

sn00p said:
Have you not experienced the random locks when texting or the random reboots? Or the memory card dissapearing?

I installed the latest version yesterday, bit of a pain, the instructions on that site didn't work, eventually managed to cobble something together that recognised and flashed the phone.

Nice to be texting at full speed again.

If you're looking to run sat-nav on the phone it wont work with the version of software that you have, there is a bug in the bluetooth.

I had no problems with the instructions. I did not use the BB reaper. Just Phoenix and the new version of nokia pc suite seems to work along side it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
warine_warrior said:
another question reagarding the N80, i've downlaoded a new music player as a .sis file, how I install this on my phone?

Copy it to the memory card and then run it from the file explorer on the phone.

warine_warrior said:
another question reagarding the N80, i've downlaoded a new music player as a .sis file, how I install this on my phone?

Download the nokia phone suite. On there is an install software program.

Double click on the sis file on your computer and the program will do the rest.