ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia E65

Clio 197
Slimline phone (compared to many smart phones out there).

I want POP/SMTP as well as the ability to access webmail if need-be.

I'm a Skyper so access to skype etc would be useful.

I'm not interested in the camera.

Wifi is a bonus (use skype as my landline when I'm at home).

O2 are offering the handset for Free... but 3 are doing it as an "x" series handset (£50), which would give me unlimited access to many of the 3G functions.

Decisions decisions....

Clio 197
Its very average.

Not really a bad thing.

Hey Tom.

Is there something more advanced out there, without the extra bulk & weight?

I originally went out to get a V3i replacement.

I was very surprised at how compact the nokia was, considering all the functions it had.

I'm totally naive to the current mobile market... a few pointers would be fab.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well personally if your looking for a middle of the road phone thats reliable.

You cant go wrong.

i dont like the interface so its not for me, but you should go and have a look at one.

Clio 197
I've had a play yesterday.... I like it.

I could get something much larger and more functional (such as a communicator) for work... but then I might as well get a small-ish laptop (and connect it to my phone).

Thing is, I won't have full access to word/excel which is what I'd like. Is it worth going for a dedicated PDA for that sort of thing? What are the XDA's like in real-life?

Revels Mum & Sister
I had an XDA and frankly NEVER used it with Word/Excel etc.

The only thing I used was Email, but that isnt an issue with that phone as it does POP3 etc

What extras or difference is there between the 3 one and the O2?

Clio 197
O2 online offer:

Free phone. £35 per month gets you 800 mins + 200 texts. No data included AFAIK.

3 Offer:

£50 for the phone. £35 a months gets 750 mins, 150 texts. An extra £5 a month will get you unlimited use of 3G functions (including skype).

Clio 172mk2
well most newish fones pop n smpt mail servers

n80 i believe can use internetfone, and has wifi, so i`d imagine the n95 will.

tbh the e65 is more of a pda so if u dont need them features theres going to be smaller out there but the wifi on phones isnt a common feature yet

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
E65 is not a pda.

it may have some pda features but it isnt one..

Pop mail has been around for over 6 years on most mobiles.

Clio 197
a nokia 1100...

no seriously.. go on o2.. not 3... 3 software is s**t basically .

Fankoo... it's going to be my upgrade. :D

Unfortunately, I always have to buy handsets in pairs (so that they fit in a dedicated car cradle).

Despite that, I'm looking forward to it.

Clio 197
Phone received... :D

The browser is impressive. Rendering ia far better than that on my Nintendo DS, and surprisingly easy to navigate through.

As far as Voip is concerned... I'm totally and utterly lost (which is why I'm posting on here).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Little Oms.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I like the look of these, kind of want one. Only problem is I get free PDAs at work (got about 10 sat in my drawers at work, various models) so can't justify having a personal contract, it'd be a waste of money.

Clio 197

Thanks a lot for the link.

I downloaded "fring" and it FAB, and free!!!

Skype-in and skype-out is working seamlessly with my Wifi. I can even use it to connect to MSN if I want to.

SO pleased. This is just what I wanted... and I'm still amazed with the web browsing capabilities.

So far, 10/10.