ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 8800

K20 EG Hatch
Anyone seen this phone?
Its awesome! I want one on contract, any ideas where i could get one cheap cuz they are near enough £500 sim free i think.

cheers

Maz

LY 200
I wanted one too until I found out how much they were... they are like gold dust mate...

Golf GTi Mk1
I have 1 and i have been told that they are going to be discontinued soon as this is the only phone that no one will offer insurance on now!
Think people were getting 1 and blagging they had lost it, getting a brand new phone and selling it on, they were £650 off line the last time i checked!
TOP PHONE though :)

bass_direct

ClioSport Club Member
  375bhp mk1 +Williams
I had one a few weeks ago, got it for £250, but sold it, because it doesn't have any features! and I found myself trying not to scratch it and making sure it didn't get damaged... so sold it for £350 Same reason I sold my 8910i a few years back! They do look good though! ;)

E60 diesel powah
brilliant phone my brother n mate have one!! basically like the older version 8850..tis very sexi..classy like a business mans phone :) features on the phone itself are good too..

still prefer my k750i but wouldnt say no to the 8800

Chris1.4RT said:
What's so good about it other than it looks tasty?

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather my phone suited my needs than just look good.

What features is it missing? I was also thinking about one buthaven't had a good look at it yet.

Ad

MK2 FRS
yeh i was told it was low on feature and a bit dated as piece of kit.

Looks the buisness though

have one my self and it was an arse to get hold of. very very nice looking phone and so strong its unreal. also has a proper glass screen so it wont scratch and is made of stainless steel so is well heavy. menu is just same as any other nokia mobile but if ya just using it for calls then nothing ya need to worry about. if ya can get it go for it. just beware on ebay as theres so meny scams for this phone.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Gav76 said:
What features is it missing? I was also thinking about one but haven't had a good look at it yet.

Low res camera isn't very good nowadays and I like my 2gb W800 for the amount of songs I can get on. Like I say it looks tasty but doesn't suit me. If it suits other people, fine.

Mr2 Roadster
Ask Dansta about his, he dropped it and stood on it, now mashed. Unusable!

He's not a happy bunny!

K20 EG Hatch
/\ s**t!

i have a k750 and the joystick has broke on it. As did all my k700's, had five of them!
they're just a well sexy phone, would really like one but im not payin that much for one...

i have droped mine untold amounts of time even drop it from a stairs case in local club and was 100% sure it must has smashed it to pieces got down there and there was tiny scratch on case lol. wont speak to soon as i know i will lose it before i break it.

As father and son....
i couldnt get one, gone for a V3 Razr in black. Wangled an extra 200 xnet and orange network minutes a month too for no extra line rental. So im now on 400 minutes, 500 texts, 30 quid a month, free insurance and the minutes now rollover too which they didnt before. wooooo.

7 day return on the phone so if i hate it its going back :)

GREAT PHONE, all the features u could need. dont know what u think is missing. such a sexy phone.... im not into the whole.... my phone changes tv channels and plays my mp3s... i have a remote control and an ipod for that. its all about style, sleek and simple.

mine is worse for wear at the mo.... awaiting a new screen, rest is repaired. using my v3 again at the mo. lol

oopss.jpg

v3 is a good phone, siple but stylish. id have the new v3i now tho. much nicer. v3 is old news, had mine for 13-14 months now.

wasnt insured, and my mates timberlands on the dancefloor when that tune out of Blade came on... the phone stood no chance when it fell out of my pocket.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
8800 is an overhyped overpriced lump of junk.

Its a 6230 with battery life from 1985.

But then any 8XXX series nokia is crap.

If you want a decent camera and more than 1 full length MP3 on your phone, then dont even touch the V3 (v3i has memory slot so much better) as its only got 5mb worth of memory!!!! lol!

And as for the 8800, if your a poser then i guess its ok, but as a phone... i do not like! As Tom said, its just a 6230 in a fancy case!

Well if everyone liked the same phones then we would all be boring. its like nice cars ya have ya bentleys and ya have ya rovers. it all depends what ya wanna spend i surpose.

and JJ its not case of being a poser its a good phone and it does looks nice. def the nicest looking phone about @ the moment. thats why its so expensive. its like anything. it's saught after so they hick the price up. if ya can get it for free then it cant be beaten but i wouldnt pay £250-£300 asking price for it. i have mate who have payed £700 for it when they first came into uk. now he is a poser but it goes nice with m3 csl lol

But apart from looking nice i dont think its a good phone!! the internals are a bit dated! but if you want a stylish looking phone for just calls and texts then yeah its the phone for you!!! Although... £700.... thats shocking!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
bsimmer3000 said:
Well if everyone liked the same phones then we would all be boring. its like nice cars ya have ya bentleys and ya have ya rovers. it all depends what ya wanna spend i surpose.

and JJ its not case of being a poser its a good phone and it does looks nice. def the nicest looking phone about @ the moment. thats why its so expensive. its like anything. it's saught after so they hick the price up. if ya can get it for free then it cant be beaten but i wouldnt pay £250-£300 asking price for it. i have mate who have payed £700 for it when they first came into uk. now he is a poser but it goes nice with m3 csl lol

its a borderline product, its a product that trades on its looks alone but its still a nokia so for me its not exclusive.

Nokia's high end brands Vertu and Mobido now thats how you do it properly. The 8800 is a cop out.

well seems to be exclusive enougth. since i have had my phone i have only ever seen 3 people with it. some bloke on tv doing an advert and me mate who bought his about 6 months ago and mine. o yeah some one on here had one but stood on it and broke it.

and the nokia vertu theres about as much chance of you owning that than theres is of you owning a bugatti veyron exclusive yes but out of the reach of most of man kind.

smart looking phone but personally i'd do anything to have an 8850 again! if only it had bluetooth it would be perfect for me!! I loved that phone! was always going wrong and i had 10 in 8 months but still awesome! Loved the slide!!!

Me waiting for Nokia N80 I think, not the prettiest in the world but looks smart (in the black) and should do everything on the planet in a phone!!