ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nokia 5800

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Go into Carphone Warehouse and pretend to be interested to have a play with one. I nearly bought but decided to hold out for a new iphone whenever its out.

The nokia isn't bad, just doesn't feel as complete as the iphone does. The menus take a bit of getting used to with some items single click and some double click. Works so nicely with the stylus but not as easy to use with your fingers/thumb as the iphone due to different type of touchscreen. Video quality seemed good, photo quality was disappointing for what should really have a decent camera, interent seemed ok, but obvs the slightly larger iphone screen seemed better. Big plus is the 5800 will have flash player which iphone doesn't yet but is expected not too far away. Had a quick play with the maps but didn't have much time to really use it properly so never really got anywhere with it. Also wont be a huge amount of apps for it as its still new. I know I'm comparing it to the iphone but only because the iphone is still the best phone out there.

The plus side is PAYG 5800 is £130 cheaper. So it all depends if the style, amazing user interface, simplisticity and slickness of the iphone is worth the extra. To me it is. I was really hyped up about the 5800, nearly even went to London for the launch to get one ASAP but decided not to be silly and test one first. Although its not bad at all, it just wasn't as good as I expected. I think its good value, and if I didn't want to spend more than £250 on a phone I would definitely get it, but I'm willing to hold out for an iphone as I personally want the best TBH.

My bro just got one of these phones today, going to have a play on it later. Hopefully it's not awfully slow like the N95/96 etc