ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nokia 5800, who's got one?

Renault Clio
Well after making a topic to decide which phone I should get earlier in the week, I decided to get the Nokia 5800. It's great!

So who's got one? I'm just interested because there doesn't seem to be a lot of resources (themes, applications, wallpapers, etc) for the phone, so if you know of any please let me know.

Also, with the sat-nav? How does it work? I've heard that there's an option where you can use part of it for free, but what does that part do? And how do you set it to be free? And what about the part that isn't free? Is that the full version of the sat-nav? I have unlimited internet up to 500mb, so would it still charge me? Info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ph2 172
im in the same boat as regards the sat-nav rang orange and still none the wiser, download the latest google maps as im sure this connects via the internet not 100% though but its better than the nokia maps one, as for apps etc tube5800 is good and get signed up to the ovi store, there is some good stuff out there for the phone, very good phone i think.

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
I got the 5800...

There are plenty of sites mate to get apps, games, themes etc...

I got a load on my phone!

Also about the satnav, the OVI maps (nokia one) is crap, i would use something like Garmin or Sygic, i use Garmin myself, much better and there are ways to get them for free ;)

If you like ill PM you some sites, let me know :)

Renault Clio
I got the 5800...

There are plenty of sites mate to get apps, games, themes etc...

I got a load on my phone!

Also about the satnav, the OVI maps (nokia one) is crap, i would use something like Garmin or Sygic, i use Garmin myself, much better and there are ways to get them for free ;)

If you like ill PM you some sites, let me know :)

Thanks I'd love some sites! I've only found one theme that I like. And the only apps I've installed are PaintPad and Solitare :rasp:

Renault Clio
I've gone to Google on my phone and I've chose to install Google maps. Since I have unlimited internet up to 500mb, I won't be charged anything for using it will I?

Renault Clio
There's not much on the Ovi Store for free is there? I've installed the Black Board, nothing very useful though.

Got one and flogged it to my mate, he likes it. Not sure I could live with a touch screen for daily use though.

I've got one, didn't have a choice, got given it by o2 as a replacement for my c905.

Pretty crap phone really, slow and buggy. Although that could just be o2's own firmware, it will be debranded asap.

Lacks many useful functions like threaded sms, a recent contacts list (have to go into phonebook everytime) and a few other things.

Mazuma give £110 for them at the moment. Will probably take them up on the offer.

If anyone's interested I've found a decent app that does iphone style threaded sms that's free. It also tells you who the message is from when you get it instead of just "1 new message".

Seems to work ok. It's called free isms, although it's unsigned so you have to get it signed to install it. I've got a signed .sis file but think it's linked to my imei number.

If anyone's interested I've found a decent app that does iphone style threaded sms that's free. It also tells you who the message is from when you get it instead of just "1 new message".

Seems to work ok. It's called free isms, although it's unsigned so you have to get it signed to install it. I've got a signed .sis file but think it's linked to my imei number.

Yes it is.

197 F1 R27
Got an iPhone 3g and a 5800 on voda. Personally I prefer the 5800 and once you're used to the touch style it's very accurate for such a small screen. I'd rather have flash support and better battery life than link SMS. Plus I can bluetooth the 5800 to anything and Nokia PC Suite is awesome. Sending SMS and MMS through my laptop at work is so cool. All my music is sync'd to Media Player 11 in Vista so no crappy iTunes needed here! Nokia have released lots of updates to improve functionality and features and more are coming. OVI store and tube5800 are good places to get apps.

Renault Clio
I've found one good theme so far, I'm going to use it when I get bored of the original theme. I installed MSN Messenger last night, it works really well but there's a few bits of Chinese text lying around but it doesn't hurt anything.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
www.dotsis.net is good. Also download the nokia map loader, then you can just download the uk map at home or work, and copy it onto your simcard to speed up the nokia maps.
Also you want to updat ethe software on the phone to the latest version

Never above 25mpg
The Nokia India site has some wicked apps on it although unsure yet whether they'll work! It's due today so am waiting for the bugger to arrive.

Downloaded MacAttack too ;)

ValverInBits
I've got a 5800 and i've been pretty impressed with it.

It's robust and doesent scratch either. Best Apps for free are joikuspot light, google Maps, strobe light, SMS timer, symtorrent, Mobbler, Countdown Timer and Fring