ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy sunroof

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they have solved it. Whenever I drive around it just creeks and makes a right noise. Im thinking about siliconing ir shut as I dont use it

Any ideas??

C

clvs2222

alot of treads started on here about it, do a seach. alot of ppl have sealed them up. i personally wouldnt though

Renault Clio S
Just about every Clio I've owned has suffered from either a squeeky or leaking sun roof. Welcome to the joys of renault ownership!

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
shove a sponge in between the handle and close it, the noise should stop... mine did...
only works for manual sunroof.

Fiesta Zetec
Get used to it mate, Renault changed my sunroof and it still did it, its bad design.

My old N reg clio that im using now has less creeks and rattles than my 2005 1.2 did LOL:)

White Mk1 Clio RT 1.4 3dr
mine makes a banging sound, when it decides to open. recently been gettin stuck after a massiv down pour. never did it before. one word i think solves the problem.... 'French'

Megane
I just ended up kicking mine out on the M6 a few weeks ago, not heard a noise since, problem is now though that my seats and girlfriend are covered in bird s**t.

I just ended up kicking mine out on the M6 a few weeks ago, not heard a noise since, problem is now though that my seats and girlfriend are covered in bird s**t.

lol, tight black bag to cover it. or a bodge job, a bit of wood that covers it and paint it the colour of your car, sorted...apart from it'll look s**t inside, but sorts the exterior prob out :D

1.2 Dynamique
I had the same problem, so took the whole panel of glass out. On the hinges u can see some wear, so grease em up! Dunno how but i solved my creaking around, both open and closed. Mite work for u 2!

problem i have, is that when it chucks it down with rain, obviously leaks into my car coz of my model, but after the sunroof seals itself shut :S , even the day after, sprayed a bit of WD40 on the hindges and arms, still stuck :boring:

any1 got any bright ideas, apart from the taking the window out?

The only fixes are the renault one sforget the bit of sponge its a stupid fix IMO.

As for any make best fix is to strip it all down and replace whats needed there never superb just better.