ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

noise from rear of 197

clio 197, 1992 mini
Hi there i was just wondering what you think this is earlier i was driving along in my 197 and the rear wheel was making a clunk nise every now and then so i got home took the wheel off and had a look and when i spin the disc round it makes a knock every so often what could this be? thanks

182 Trophy #333
Can you move the disc forwards and backwards too? I'd check the hub nuts torqued up properly, id also be checking the bolts that hold the caliper on and the state of the pads etc

Evo
Any play in the bearing? Can only be a bearing/disc issue if you can replicate the noise by rotating just that wheel by hand. Make sure the caliper isn't housing any debris or stones etc and the pads are clean and greased. Other than that the abs ring knocking on the sensor due to damage or dirt?

I'd put my money on bearing if nothing is visually at fault.

insecure hub nut causing excessive end float usually scores the disc as a tell tale sign as it leans onto one pad or the other but don't rule it out. 180NM I 'think'.

clio 197, 1992 mini
Can you move the disc forwards and backwards too? I'd check the hub nuts torqued up properly, id also be checking the bolts that hold the caliper on and the state of the pads etc
the pads are fine as only been replaced a few months ago iv spoke to renault and they are saying the baring is attached to the baring so need both sides replacing my renault quoted me £304 parts