ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noise from front

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
This is a link to a video from a recent autosolo. It's not very long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbob5wYB9JI&feature=youtube_gdata

Anyone recognise the noise? It's only on full lock in that direction, when doing a full u turn and from the offside front it sounds like. It sounds more rubbery in the car. The nearside driveshaft has a very mild click starting and it sounds nothing like that. That doesn't mean it isn't driveshaft related. It seems to be worse the slower and more uneven the surface your on. Lower part of circuit is gravel. I may add that section of video as well.

Not too worried as the car drives and handles fine and it's rare i do full lock u-turns but just wondered if anyone could help narrow it down.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
After some more searching i've found the strut top washer fix. I just wasn't typing in the right words it would seem. Can anyone confirm that this is the problem i have?

Thanks!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Thanks for the replies! I think i'll have a good look underneath and around the wheel arch area with the wheel on full lock to make sure all is ok and then investigate the washer fix.

Could be top mount washer clunking about, but does also sounds awfully like a spring twisting and jumping around in its cup asif its snapped a coil? (not saying thats the problem but sounds like it could also be something to check).

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Springs are fine. It only happens when on full lock and doing full u-turns so we've decided not to worry about it. If it happens more often then we'll consider the washer fix but more likely we'll wait until the top mounts are past it and replace them with solid ones that also solve the washer fix problem as the car is being used for local motorsport as well. We just did a sprint and the car performaned without fault which was especially amazing as i managed to find 1st at 60mph while i was getting used to the gearchange which doesn't like to be rushed it seems.

Thanks for your suggestion though.