ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No Wax

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Just clayed the car, then gave it a polish with AG SRP then sealed with AG EGP. I didnt have time to give it a coat of wax though! Will this be ok or should i really have waxed it? Thinking of maybe finishing it off tomorrow with a wax using megs no.16 if it stays dry!

First time claying this car (RB 182) and really pleased with the results. really has came up really well. Would have been better with a coat of wax though.

Thoughts?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Just been reading some other posts and folk are saying the sealant isnt as good for RBs, wax is better. Will try that next time. Regardless, will give it a coat of the megs no.16 next time i wash it. Was just glad to get it clayed and polished as its the first time i have done it since buying the car in oct last year. The amount of crap that came off it in the claying was unreal. especially the boot lid! Looking a lot better now!

R26 + EV0 FQ340
It's fine. A wax over a sealant like EGP is overkill but does gives extra protection and depending on wax, a better finish.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
Get some pics up bud would like to see it.

Will try get some pics tomorrow mate! The paintwork really is flawless it took me a while to find an RB in such good nick. Glad i held out. Working on it today while claying really confirmed to me how good the condition its in. Few small stone chips i will need to fill in on the bonnet but other than that its perfect.

RB 182 cup,astra sri
It's fine. A wax over a sealant like EGP is overkill but does gives extra protection and depending on wax, a better finish.

I think i would prefer it with more than less anyway! I have used the megs for a while now and am always impressed with the finish it leaves! would really have finished it off if i had managed it today.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Egp is a sealent and will last months. Most waxes only give a few weeks protection.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Egp is a sealent and will last months. Most waxes only give a few weeks protection.

What waxes exactly? Half my wax collection would wipe the floor with egp! Durability, looks, performance the lot.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You think? I have some collinites (can't remember which version off hand) and rate epg longevity above it..... Epg is super durable, but lets be fair, who doesn't wax within 3 months or so.... You'll end up with some pretty heavy fall out within that time

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ag hd is £25 for a massive tub of wax, 2 applicators and a cloth.

Zaino z2 pro is £16 and will last 6 months whilst looking immense.

The amount people shop online it surprises me people still buy from places like halfords.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
EGP is only good for 4 weeks max before it needs re-applying, even then it still doesn't protect that well. It's not worth the money. I used it for 2 years before I realised every other product is so much better.

Skip EGP next time and go straight to wax / proper sealant unless your desperately running out of time.

2x coats of AG HD wax has given me over 4months of protection, and stripping it back showed no signs of contamination under also. Using tardis, IronX and claying took seconds

RB 182 cup,astra sri
EGP is only good for 4 weeks max before it needs re-applying, even then it still doesn't protect that well. It's not worth the money. I used it for 2 years before I realised every other product is so much better.

Skip EGP next time and go straight to wax / proper sealant unless your desperately running out of time.

2x coats of AG HD wax has given me over 4months of protection, and stripping it back showed no signs of contamination under also. Using tardis, IronX and claying took seconds

Cheers for the comments. What sealant would you recommend? Always been a fan of Poor Boys stuff.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
What's your budget and are you buying online or in shop,. Over SRP I love AG HD wax, £30ish online but is much easier to use than Colli 476 and gives almost as good durability eg 6months if looked after. I haven't tried many sealants to comment on them but GTechniq C2 is cheap and SO easy to use, again 6months life and provides easy wash down.