ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No traction control light?

02 Clio 172
Hi, I'm a little new to the Renault world. Just got a Clio 172 (2002) and I haven't seen the TC light come on yet, should this flash up when a wheels spin like other cars?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Is it a 172 cup or normal 172? it normally flashes up when its kicked in, cups dont have it afaik?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My early ph2 172 didn't have traction control either.

Mk2 Monaco Blue 172
Pre model year 03 172 dont have Traction control i found this out when i got my 02 plate one! There abit of a hand full sometimes with out it!

02 Clio 172
that cleared that one up then, cheers chaps. ~I will have to start making changes to make the car more grippy then!

It's utterly pointless anyway. Never comes on in the dry, only has two settings which are off or cutting all power to the wheels, almost kills you now and then if you need to pull away quick in the wet onto a roundabout, and renders the car immobile in the snow. Mine spends more time off than on.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ dissagree on the 182 anyway, in normal driving it's fine. Doesn't come on much when hooning it either.