ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No sound from iPhone

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Clio 182 with an Alpine CDA-117ri head unit connected to an iPhone5 on the very latest iOS and using a genuine Apple Lightning cable, but no sound is being output in the car.

Track and artist info is displayed on both the HU and the dash screen, and you can scroll through tracks via the stalk controls, but no sound.

It's been working fine for several years but failed today.

I've tried another genuine Apple Lightning cable but still no sound.

Any ideas what might be wrong - is it the phone /cable /HU?

Switch to other sources (disc/tuner) and it's fine.

Any thoughts???

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
c155a1b393899ffd7c36ff01090ce8f5.jpg

Genuinely though, have you?

I get this every now and then when I Bluetooth the phone to the car.

It takes either closing all of the apps and reopening the music one, or turning the phone off and on. That seems to sort it.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, tried a soft reset, tried the iPad, a different Lightning cable, updating to the very latest iOS.

I'm going to buy a brand new cable from an Apple Store today so I can at least rule that out.

Clio 182
Quick google ;) - possibly not compatible? - im presuming this hu is not a new line?
a6e5ed531154beebd7fa814f32508546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Quick google :wink: - possibly not compatible? - im presuming this hu is not a new line?
a6e5ed531154beebd7fa814f32508546.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you didnt do such a quick read (;)) of the thread you'll have seen it was working for years prior

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Has it worked since you updated the phone?

Try Spotify and see if that works also.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Have you tried resetting the head unit? My Sony used to drop Bluetooth and only clicking the little reset button cured it.

Also if you have access to one. Try another phone that hasn't had the latest update?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Worked fine before the software upgrade then just stopped. I tried doing an update in case that brought it back to life but it didn't.

I tried a HU reset today but that didn't work either.

Tried a different phone on an old iOS plus a brand new Apple cable today but no joy. Will be contacting Alpine Tech Support on Monday. What's the betting they say it's a problem with my phone and direct me to Apple?!