ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No radio or cigarette lighter working

clio 172, pug 106 gti
ive got a ph2 clio 172, was 5 mins from home tonight and the radio (alpine headunit) and my phone charger that was plugged in the cigarette lighter stopped working,

my clock and temp gauge are working as are my mirrors, interior lights etc.

checked the fuses and noticed the one had blown so swapped it over for a fresh one, put on the ignition but still no radio or fag lighter working, checked fuse and the new one had blown, changed again and same thing. So i've had a search on here but cant find anything to similar.

has anyone else heard of this or got any ideas what else to check? I will pop the headunit out at work in the morning to make sure thats ok but other than that im stuck.

Any other ideas or help will be appreciated before i decidedto set fire to the car cause its been a nightmare this week!!

Thanks!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Check nothings shorting the cig lighter out (like a certain someones mother who thought it was a coin holder :mad:)

Then like you say pull the cd player out and disconnect it, try replacing the fuse again and see if it goes, if it does disconnect the cig lighter socket too and see it it goes. Dont know what else is on that circuit? Possibly nothing else so could be a short somewhere maybe.

clio 172, pug 106 gti
I'll check every fuse in the morning, I'll check radio and cig lighter to. Not sure bout the earth, at the time my iPhone was on charge and my radio was on. A few seconds before this happened I did smell something burny!

I've noticed a few times my iPod which is stuffed down the back of the radio has reset itself back to track one a few times but how can the cold frazzle my fuse then blow the new ones straight away?

clio 172, pug 106 gti
Sorted now!!'something must have shorted somewhere and kept blowing the fuse! I now have tunes again!! :)