ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No pressure when using washer jets

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Right in the past few months i have lost all pressure when using the washer jets to clean my windscreeen. After doing a very quick search i couldnt find any results.
Basicly what happens is when i push the wiper stalk in the car i hear the motor pumping and the wipers move across the screen but no water comes out of the jets at all. Before you say, i have checked the washer bottle level and its on the max line. I think it may be the filter could be blocked but this is just a gess. Any ideas anyone?

clio 182 sport
i have this problem and have put an air line thro them and also pinned the jets, can the motor working but nothing?? and nothing comes out of the rear either :( HELP please!!!!

330Ci cab
i ended up buying a motor from RUK, £48. rip off tbh, but they are needed for mot and the front jets were leaking too

clio 182 sport
Go to a garage and they will have an air line with a cap on it that will cover your jets and then you just blow it tho there, you think i need a new motor even tho i can hear it engaging??

330Ci cab
mine did exactly the same. could hear it, but nothing happened. was an absolute ballache to change too, more time consuming than anything

clio 182 sport
so are you sure i need a new motor?? even tho i hear it engaging ive hear its a horrible job and i HATE working on cars anyway lol was hoping for an easy fix .......

330Ci cab
try everything first beforehand. but if by purging the lines it still hasn't worked, it's a new motor bud

Clio Sport 182
Read this first -http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?537299-Washer-jets-issues-fix-guide

i had same problem when i bought mine, followed guide - problem solved.
it is't a plesent job but you still have to do all the stripping down just to change the motor so may aswell save some cash.

clio 182 sport
i had same problem when i bought mine, followed guide - problem solved.
it is't a plesent job but you still have to do all the stripping down just to change the motor so may aswell save some cash.
I tried doing this today, failed as for 20 mins i spent trying to get the wipers off, mine apear to be welded on, i put the hose in the water bottle and loads of crap came out . . . is there an easy solution to get the wipers off?? lol

HBT 172 Cup
Got exact same problem, wipers just stopped working one day, motor is buzzing away but sweet FA is coming out. Need to do mine this weekend.

Getting the wipers off the spindles is an abosolute c-unit of a job to do! I'd probably advise dabbing the spindles with a bit of copper grease when re-installing.

clio 182 sport
Got exact same problem, wipers just stopped working one day, motor is buzzing away but sweet FA is coming out. Need to do mine this weekend.

Getting the wipers off the spindles is an abosolute c-unit of a job to do! I'd probably advise dabbing the spindles with a bit of copper grease when re-installing.

But how do you get them off lol ........