ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No outside tap

I find it a real pain to clean my car, I have no outside tap at the front of the house to rinse the car I have to keep going through the house to fill up buckets of water and chuck them over the car

This doesn't rinse the car that well and is a real pain to do

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can rinse the car better? The only thing I can think of is some kind of water butt to feed a pressure washer but I think I would empty it pretty quickly?

Ph1 T
what about round the side/back wherever your kitchen is, then just get a longer hosepipe mate,,

i used to do the same with bucket a few times took the piss made me hate cleaning the car.

Kitchen is at the back and there is no side access, looks like the only option is the hose pipe through the house

MK3 GTI golf 16v
can you not park out the back ? hosepipe through the house for half hour is not really the end of the world if you need to do that

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I had a 2nd outdoor tap fitted into my garage, its run off the sink from the downstairs loo. Can you not do the same or have you not got a loo down stairs?

Saying that my bros outdoor tap comes from his sink upstairs.

No downstairs toilet sadly, I think I will go for the hosepipe through the house option as I don't want to try and run pipework from the upstairs toilet

I might get a water butt to try out and see how that goes

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah a water butts not a bad shout if you dont mind one sat outside the front of your house

Clio V6
Just noticed you live in Taunton. Random, must be something about this town and shite house design :)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Get a water tank, and then buy my Kranzle (in the for sale section) pro set up for under £500 :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You don't a need tap . Get yourself a decent pressure washer , a 25 litre homebrew bucket and 6 feet of hose into the bucket . Fill the bucket with water and shampoo , job done . Pressure washers are only a pump so will syphon the water out of the bucket . Lots of lovely high pressure foam . These pics are all done using my method ;-)

3Small.jpg

2Small.jpg

1Small.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Only had once experience with Karcher.....it lasted a month, before it started leaking everywhere - the pumps are plastic and the thing gave up the ghost on me.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
No downstairs toilet sadly, I think I will go for the hosepipe through the house option as I don't want to try and run pipework from the upstairs toilet

I might get a water butt to try out and see how that goes

How are going to fill the butt up though?

I can fill it up initially and then plumb the guttering to top it up with rainwater with a filter of course

Clio 182 Trophy
In my workshop, there is no mains water as of yet. I fill up a 200 litre water butt with tap water from home and use a £25 water pump to draw the water into the pressure washer.

During one cleaning session I can use almost all of the 200 litres, 3/4 at least. It would certainly need filling up again before the next time. It's surprising how much water you use.

Just need to make sure the water butt, pump etc is always kept clean.

Clio 197
I've got a Mobiwash portable pressure washer. Best £100 I ever spent!

How do you find this to use when washing, is there enough pressure??

I have no outside tap or electricity and currently have to use buckets & watering cans - i am always searching for a different option than the current method. I will try ONR one day!

1.8 Civic EX
How do you find this to use when washing, is there enough pressure??

I have no outside tap or electricity and currently have to use buckets & watering cans - i am always searching for a different option than the current method. I will try ONR one day!

I'd be interested to know this too.

Also is there a snow foam attachment available?

Quite like the looks of these as could fill them with hot water instead of cold from the outside tap. Easier to dry the car then!

Any pics/videos of it in action would be good! there are a couple on youtube but they aren't really selling it to me tbh.

Clio 197
I'd be interested to know this too.

Also is there a snow foam attachment available?

Quite like the looks of these as could fill them with hot water instead of cold from the outside tap. Easier to dry the car then!

Any pics/videos of it in action would be good! there are a couple on youtube but they aren't really selling it to me tbh.

There isn't a snow foam attachment available I don't think