ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No outside tap...

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone may be able to help. I really want to get a pressure washer and snow foam lance, but I have no access to mains pressure water.

Is it possible to run pressure washers from a bucket feed? Does it negatively affect the performance, and would it be possible to snow foam with such a set up?

Finally...any suggestions on models?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Nope, I live in a leasehold apartment (1st and 2nd floor) which is part of a larger listed house. Therefore, unfortunately a hose would have to be MEGA long to reach the front and I definitely can't install an outside tap unfortunately.

I did see Karcher offer a one-way hose attachment which seems to imply it should be possible, but require confirmation before I splash out!

Ben

Ben,

I would worry about the source running dry, or becoming blocked, therefore leading to the pump running dry.

Karchers are bloody awful build quality when it comes to anything at all affecting the pump. They break if you have a slight drop in pressure sadly (massive generalisation, but only going off my experiences and those on Detailing World).

Snow foam is certainly not the be all and end all. I would be tempted to say the same about a pressure washer. Granted they are a really good ally, but not essential.

How do you currently wash your car?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Throw a couple of buckets of clean water over the car to start, then 2 BM with proper mitt. Then rinse with a couple more bucket fulls over the car.

It's just I have to run up and down the stairs a good few times refilling buckets and it's a royal PITA and extends a "quick wash" into being a much longer affair.

B

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Move house it'll be easier.

Like someone has said you can run them off sink taps just have to buy a few hoses to reach.

Otherwise, bigger buckets or more of them.

I think you may be a little bit stuck buddy.

The only solution in my eyes, re the tap, would be to do as Chris has said and just get a longer hose to reach.

Failing that, I would suggest getting to a local jet booth (Morrisons, ASDA, Tescos, Shell etc), doing the dirty work there, then cleaning the car with ONR.

Personally, I would fix it up to your sink tap, run it out of the window and down to the washer. If you run it through hallways and you get a leak.....its gonna be a mess. Failing that you could take it to a pressure wash as above, get the crap off, then finish it at home. As people have said before, running any kind of pump dry will do it no good. I run cables out of the window as Im in a flat and had no problems. Good luck!

tiTTy & SV650
Connecting to a fire hydrant is not legal but certainly gives good pressure ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WATER-BOARD-APP-3%2f4%22-MSPK-HYDRANT-STAND-PIPE-%26-KEY_W0QQitemZ220711663171QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=214161019831&rvr_id=214161019831&cguid=ef637f591290a0e20314b0d4ff280023

Personally though I use a couple of buckets and I rinse using a pressurised spray bottle, it's slow and you look like a fudd but it does the job:

AT096.jpg