ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No dash or tail lights!

Clio 182
Hi all,

Bit of a strange one for you! I was driving home tonight when all of sudden my dash lights turned off and I couldn't see the dials etc. I was nearly home so thought i'd carry on. I guy pulled up next to me and told me that I had no tail lights (brake and head lights worked fine).

So I got home checked that I had no tail lights. I then switched the car off and on again and the dash and tail lights came on without a problem! I didn't noticed anything different, brake lights/dash lights etc all work fine.

Does anybody know what might have caused this or anything I can check? I'm scared of it happening again on my way home tomorrow!

Under the dash, passenger side, just below the glovebox lid. There's 4 relays, one of them is probably loose. Make sure they're all pushed in properly.

Common problem usually caused by clumsy passengers kicking them.

Clio 182
As I said in the OP I switched the car off and back on again and it the lights came on so it seems to be working fine for now. Would like to get to the bottom of why it happened so I can stop it happening again when i'm in it tomorrow!