ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No computer or iCloud... How to update iphone?

320d M Sport
So basically my mate has an iphone 4 which he's never updated. It doesn't have the over the air software update option. He doesn't have a PC either..

Is there anyway for him to update and back everything up to iCloud?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No.

You could back up some of your/the/whatever data via another medium; google sync for example.
But it sounds like its running iOS4.

320d M Sport
Fook! I'm not doing that for him then! I think that's why he's stuck with it... He doesn't want to risk losing everything.

320d M Sport
He doesn't have a PC mate. Looks like he'll need a genius appt to make sure he doesn't wipe everything.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd be interested to see how that goes. Would be extremely good customer service if they do that.

320d M Sport
I know mate I said the same thing.

I'd plug it into my MacBook for him but I don't want to be the one who wipes his phone!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Can't you get your software updated in an apple store?

If your mate did that to the latest IOS he'd then be able to do over the air updates and jobs a good 'un.