ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No clue!

Milltek'd 182
Right! i have never waxed my car before, have polished some before but have never really had consistant results, some come up very well and on some you can really see the strokes of where it has been applied if you get that?! and have always been scared of doing my car becuase it already has a pretty good finish, just some swirl marks from washing.
I'm looking at waxing sealing it etc.. just wanted to know some good products to use by hand, and where to get them from. I ideally want products that are fairly easy to apply/take off and dont take too long. sorry if this has been posted before, just give me the thread link if you know where to find it!
I have an arctic blue 182 if that helps.

Thankyou!

Dave

106 GTi
Swirl removal and polishing by hand is the hard stage.

Waxing and sealing by hand are pretty fast and easy.

Looking for very quick and easy products to use, I would look at Optimum Car Wax Spray Sealant or Jeffs Acylic Jett trigger Sealant. But both require a poperly preped and polished surface first.

Working by hand before the above you wont go wrong with Klasse All in One or Autoglym Super Resin.

Most Carnuba waxes are easy on and off as well, P21s, Chemical Guys 50/50, all the Pinnacle and Swisswax ones are all very easy on and off.

Milltek'd 182
thanks mate. will the wax's take away the 'stroke marks' that i talked about earlier? I saw a post on here with someone saying they had good results with autoglym super resin and autoglym deep gloss (i think it was) one after the other? how often will i usually have to reapply?

thanks for the help

106 GTi
Autoglym Ultra Deep shine will hide the swirl marks by filling them with glaze oils. When they wear off the swirls will reappear.

Autoglym Super Resin will go some way to removing them and also hide them.

Working by hand to sort out the swirl marks will take some real elbow grease. Mulitple applications of something like Meguiars Scratch X will go someway to sorting them as well as making your arms ready to drop off. Finding someone to machine polish your car is the only real way to sort them out.

Milltek'd 182
well, on the subject i did find one at work the other day, a machine polisher that is. but i was advised not to use it, due to me not having done it before and risking burning the paint?! thanks for the help. any cheap sites to buy these off, or is it down the halfords?! lol