ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No claims bonus

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
I've just sold my ST24 and am thinking about getting another 2nd car at some point in the future. In the meantime is it going to be a problem if I'm still registered as insured on the car (i paid in full right at the start of the year) in order to keep my no-claims going or do I have to tell the insurance company? Thanks.

Phone them and say you sold the car and wish to put the insurance on hold while you wait on your new car.

They will then refund you prorata when you re insure a car.

It let's the policy run and your no claims will be the same, I done it when I sold my last car and was waiting on the 200 arriving.

ITB'd MK1
you have to stop insurance on that car if you've sold it, it's illegal for it to be insured twice, and I presume the new owner will have it covered. As above, they should put cover it on hold for you

Monaco 172
Also, in most cases your no claims bonus must be transferred, it cannot run on two policies consecutively.

Also, in most cases your no claims bonus must be transferred, it cannot run on two policies consecutively.

Admiral will match your no claims if you ask them ;).

I had 2 cars insured with them at one point and they matched my no claims for both policies.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
So as mentioned it is illegal to have a car duel insured - thanks for the heads up on that as I was not aware. Anyway I cancelled the policy on it which I renewed at the start of Jan, can't remember the exact amount but it was round about 420/440 due to only having 1 years no claims on that particular policy. What got me was how much I was refunded after 'cancellation fees' 'broker fees' 'admin' etc - 40 quid. What a joke - I was only half way through the policy! Oh well - lessoned learn and all, but it's a right rip off!