ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No claims bonus!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Been driving 7 years and nearly had 6 years no claims until I had an accident a couple of weeks ago and wrote my car off, was wondering what happens now. Do I lose it all or does it get to a point were they protect themselves. I've never claimed before so know nothing on the subject. I'm with Churchill if that helps. Any experiences please or who can explain the matter. Cheers

AK

M240i
If you didn't opt for protected no claims then unfortunately you have lost all of your NCB.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
If you didn't opt for protected no claims then unfortunately you have lost all of your NCB.

As above + also depends whos fault the accident was.

If it was yours and you are not protected then more then likely you have lost them.

However if it was someone else at fault, you should loose them as all will be claimed from the person at fault.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get them protected, will take a long time (well 6 years) to get those back!

AK

M240i
Best way to get them back now would be to go with companies that do the 10month bonus accelerator etc

Unsure which companies offer it tho!

Da

Less
I thought 1 claim meant you lost 2 years of any NCB earnt?

Meaning he'd go back to 4 with 1 claim.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well it was my own fault. Don't know what happend cos can't remember but no1 else was involved. So how can they charge to protect them, I don't understand how money changes it and other companies just accept it. I think it's quite a grey area as is the whole insurance farce.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So by that I could still have some no claims depending on my insurance company. I think 5 years is proof of being a good driver and all of it shouldn't be lost, but I know there c***s and probs will.
Cheers for that.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
So by that I could still have some no claims depending on my insurance company. I think 5 years is proof of being a good driver and all of it shouldn't be lost, but I know there c**ts and probs will.
Cheers for that.

You may have some left.

Has the claim been settled now and paid out for?
or did you hit anything else? which they are still claiming for?

Best thing to do is to ring up your company, ask them if its all settled and how many NCB you have remaining if any.
If you do have any left, ask them to send you written confirmation so you can use it on your next insurance policy.

In between cars....
Mate of mine wrote off a focus rs recently

He lost either 2 or 3 years of ncb, still has 3 years left

He didnt loose all his ncb is what im trying to say

Best way to get them back now would be to go with companies that do the 10month bonus accelerator etc

Unsure which companies offer it tho!

not as good as it sounds, not many insurance companies will accept the NCB earnt via this

also as said above, most insurance companies will only drop ur NCB by 2 years, make sure next time you get them protected, very few companies will protects it with 4 years, most it is 5 years, but its only a little extra each year

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's just started really as I was in hospital for a week. There's just my car and the passanger that they will be paying for. There sending some1 out to value my car then I have to see if I agree with it. I'm totally new to claiming so don't know time scale. Hope I get to keep some.

It's just started really as I was in hospital for a week. There's just my car and the passanger that they will be paying for. There sending some1 out to value my car then I have to see if I agree with it. I'm totally new to claiming so don't know time scale. Hope I get to keep some.

they will offer you a pathetic offer, never except their first offer!! you will always be likely to get more out of them

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well I can't remember the accident at all mate but there was a thread on here from the chronicle about it, called crash last Monday. The car flipped quite a few times and obviously I was injured pretty bad as was the passanger, the car looks really bad but were alive which says alot about the car.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Will probs get some pics on of what's left of it. It looks bad, the roof is level with the dash board.

Clio 197 08
Read that thread mate! Gutted for you! Glad all involved were ok and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Cheers, well least I didn't lose interest in cars, they have basically been my life since I can remember, just 1 of those unfortunate things that sometimes happen. Onwards and upwards as they say.

renault clio sport172
i got a clio sport for sale now if you want a cheap tidy replacement haha just thought id lighten to note