ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No BSB for me.... Zoo time

Oil Burner
Well work dropped a clanger on me last week meaning i had to miss BSB this weekend and work friday, Sat and Monday instead. As Sunday was so nice me and the better half went (along with most of kent it would seem) to Howletts. As its the done thing i dragged along the camera to help comfort myself as i was missing Oulton.

Never been before, very nice place, much cleaner than other zoo's ive been to, their fencing is a nuisance for photos, altho they have very well cleaned viewing windows which is nice. What ever the Grey monkeys are called i cant remember, but they should consider some sort of grey monkey pill, as there are hundreds of the things.

Heres a handfull i liked.

1. Monkey with ubber tail
527967428_UhtRZ-L.jpg

2. Some kid asked his mum if they had swine flu, made me laugh.
527974247_TPMjw-L.jpg

3. Couldnt believe how big these guys were, ive never really stopped to look at them closely, their skin is amazing to, look like that dude from the fantastic 4.
527980422_S4i2D-L.jpg

4. Even though this shot is ruined by fencing, i quite like it still, not sure why.
527985174_FKzjw-L.jpg

5. Ginger monkey
527991071_JmT7C-L.jpg

6. Got a soft spot for big cats
527993953_ZckHr-L.jpg

7. Tough life being a cat.
527996504_NFkVV-L.jpg

8. Anyone who saw the topgear/africa special will remember the Honey Badger lol
528002944_rogYz-L.jpg

9. There were some pretty stunning gardens, not big, but full of colour
528206949_2PNM4-L.jpg

528210158_iwg8W-L.jpg

11. I found this Gorilla strange to photograph, she looked straight at me, bit weird, they are so human like.
528217062_eFawf-L.jpg

12. Another Gorilla
528221564_mLaQQ-L.jpg

13. some sort of lemur, cant remember what, but you can walk around with these fella's, they were just enjoying the sun.
528228728_JYkDe-L.jpg

14. Sad looking grey monkey thing
528233471_CfWCc-L.jpg

15. Another shot of sad monkey, probably sick of people photographing it.
528238019_uRcNj-L.jpg

16. More longtailed hairy monkeys
528240823_gMCnY-L.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them, Howletts is worth a look if your in kent, maybe not on a sunny sunday on a bank holiday weekend though.

Nick

Ian

Focus TDCi
Great shots Nick; shame about the BSB, but I'm glad the weekend didn't go to waste. Had to switch from my laptop to my TFT to do these justice, it's amazing how different they look. I like the behind the fence shot, helps add context to the photo. Hard to choose between the others as I like them all, but 5, 11, 13 and 15 are all up there. Some of the descriptions made me laugh too! :)

Cupra
Lovely sharp shots with lots of "pop". I like the fact that most could be taken anywhere and are not immediately a Zoo.

Family Bus
I Love that Gorilla shot.

They are fascinating creatures aren't they!

Gorgeous Pic's! I must invest in a decent camera one day!