ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No brakes!

Clio 182
Hey all!
I had my brakes replaced after hitting the Nurburgring for the 1st time in my Clio 182. A mate did it, and he said the bolt which held the caliper to the hub had threaded. A few days later, the caliper came loose and I lost all of my brake fluid, so had no brakes!

Basically I took it to a garage and they said I needed new disks, pads (I had only had them done 2 weeks ago, so told them where to go) new ABS sensor, new hub and new braided brake line. They quoted me 530 bloody quid...

So again, I told them where to go. I said I would source the parts myself, and they do the labour for 130 quid. Any ideas where to get a right rear hub (preferably including the ABS sensor) since I see LOTS of hubs on ebay for clio 1.2s but not sure if it is the same.

Cheers!
Will

the bolt had cross threaded and obviously wasn't holding the caliper and your mate let you drive it! i am suprised you are still alive.
:dead:
has the fluid flicked up on your paint work? has it started to strip the paint off your wheel yet