ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No B.H.P. gains from mods???

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Several upgrades fitted the other day:BTB Exhaust, Yozza de-cat, ITG Maxogen filter.

Haven't really noticed any gains in outright accelration. Though perhaps a small increase of torque seems to present in the lower rpm range. Happens around 4000 rpm.

Should I be seeing more of a performance increase with the addition of these items?

Will they only work if the car is mapped to the additional added items?

Car is on 28K and uses V-Power.

No top end increase and a few bhp midrange with those mods.

You need cams to 'feel' the extra power. I would class those as noise mods.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I thought so. I wasn't expecting that much, but I thought I would've felt something??

A re-map is on the cards for sure. Cams also. Waste of time though to re-map before cams.

VRS
im running similar mods: btb, yozza decat, maxogen, inlets matched and remap and ran approx 16bhp over a standard 182 which was tested at the same rr

the main difference ive found with mine is the low and mid range pick up, it wants to launch away in every gear when before the mods it was slow to kick in to life :D

the bhp difference is more than likely to be a bit more aswell as my exhaust was blowing a fair bit at the time as i hadnt fully tightened the clamp between the btb and the decat when i fitted it, oops

andy

Top end wise theres not going to be a difference, I personally don't see much point in mapping unless you have cams. Although to be fair you see a reasonable increase in torque

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
im running similar mods: btb, yozza decat, maxogen, inlets matched and remap and ran approx 16bhp over a standard 182 which was tested at the same rr

the main difference ive found with mine is the low and mid range pick up, it wants to launch away in every gear when before the mods it was slow to kick in to life :D

the bhp difference is more than likely to be a bit more aswell as my exhaust was blowing a fair bit at the time as i hadnt fully tightened the clamp between the btb and the decat when i fitted it, oops

andy

Did you notice any increase when driving the car before the re-map and inlets?

VRS
to be honest i noticed a small difference from the inlets but im putting a lot of that down to the placebo effect of me fitting them lol

the casting on the 182's isnt as bad as the 172's so its not quite as noticeable

the remap however made the biggest difference as it seemed to tie all the mods together! the drive home from paul's (rstuning) was awesome and the car was flying :approve:

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
to be honest i noticed a small difference from the inlets but im putting a lot of that down to the placebo effect of me fitting them lol

the casting on the 182's isnt as bad as the 172's so its not quite as noticeable

the remap however made the biggest difference as it seemed to tie all the mods together! the drive home from paul's (rstuning) was awesome and the car was flying :approve:

Superb!!!:D

That's crushed any worries, since a map will be done at the same time as cams.

Thanks.:)

tiTTy & SV650
with just an exhaust there was a noticeable difference in low range torque in my 182, you won't see anything else imo without a remap.

maybe you'll need to compare against another 182 to really feel the difference , but personally you should feel the 5-10bhp or so difference , will defo get a bit more after the remap

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I guess that's the only way of trully finding out whether there is a difference. Just doesn't feel any quicker than before the mods went on.:S

Re-map on the way.

^ lol i remeber a little while ago a guy was saying about how he spent 1500 pound getting similar mods (and a few others i think) and that it was a complete waste of money etc etc...

Ph1
With just an exhaust, my car seemed to pick up a hell of a lot better...seems weird your not noticing that??

Because a exhaust is getting more gasses out quicker, breathing mods are forcing more air in and with out a adjustment to match on the fuelling side the breathing mods wont be at their best potential hence no real 'noticeable' performance gain

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
^ Indeed. It sounds great, but that's about all.....for the time being.;)

As soon as the inlets are matched the cams will be done at the same time, as will the re-map.:)