ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No air filter??

03 clio 172
Hi just fitted new crankshaft sensor(fiddly sxxt) but while i had bonnet up thought i'd check condition of air filter(had the car a year) and to my suprise NO AIR FILTER!!!??? Cars been running ok y no air filter? Wots best one to fur it with please?

LY FF182
Some bellend worked on it before then! Get one fitted asap!! Any from a auto factors will do at about £10. Or you could spend more on a panel filter that'll be slightly better

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Flol...its been driving fine for a year? Have you never noticed the deep induction roar?

Any pics of the engine bay at all?

03 clio 172
Thats wot i couldnt work out no sound of induction at all,ye running fine apart from crankshaft sensor and having to change coil pack???

No pic just standard 172 under bonnet.

So y no induction sound?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If it's got no air filter, get one in asap! & change the oil!

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When you say it can't have done that much damage.

I'd imagine your engine oil looks like marmite. Probably worth flushing IMO.

S4 Avant
It fine. Running no filter isn't the end of the world.

Obviously it's not ideal but it's not as though the thing's going to blow up instantly just because you've discovered it hasn't got an air filter. It would have gone on for years being fine if you'd never noticed.