ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No.4 plug hole filled with oil

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Hi there,
Had a missfire issue recently and started the hunt with testing the coil pack, then moved to checking the plugs (turned out to be a faulty injector after all)
Anyway, glad I did checked the plugs because I found that inside number 4 cylinder plug hole there was some oil standing there at the bottom (maybe 1cm of oil in there)
On top of the whole the area is also kinda moisturized in oil coming from the VVT solenoid (if I'm not mistaking)
In the pics belllow you can see oil dripping in the hole from under the rocker cover.
Initial thought was the cover sealing has failed in that area but then wondered if somehow the oil found it's way under the cover via some of the bolts that are soaked nearby.
The vvt solenoid has a gasket as I found out, is that an easy DIY job to change? Or is it dealer time?

20171215_141402.jpg
20171215_141411.jpg
20171215_141438.jpg
20171215_141626.jpg
20171215_141636.jpg

Reactions: Gus
  Clio ph2 172
you sure its not from where oil has been spilt when topped up? mine was soaked when I got mine from the previous owner missing the hole everytime he topped it up!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I always take care when filling with oil. Why is it such a piss to do? Looked very straight forward in gus's pics