ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nimbus R26 - new photo's

Nimbus Megane R26
Not posted any pics in ages as the weather has been poor. Had a wash and layer on EGP on it today so went for some pictures, nothing special only taken on a point and shoot TZ7.

Since i last posted the car has had a stage 1 remap at RS tuning and a backbox chop at danmar exhausts in wigan. Alot faster now and sounds alot meaner too! Going to be an expensive year as ill be getting the cam/aux belts + waterpump service doing in the summer and also a new clutch/flywheel thrown in for good measure if i decide to keep it. Cant decide if i should sell up and get a cheap to run diesel or not!! :S

Car is nimbus, although it just looks silver in these photo's as it was really bright!

6903501833_7c65cc14d2_b.jpg

P1010565 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

6903497197_d867d4e0c2_b.jpg

P1010566 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

6903492283_fd3aabbaf3_b.jpg

P1010558 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

6903487003_114f523a4b_b.jpg

P1010560 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

6903482671_96c4e4218f_b.jpg

P1010555 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

6903478919_206d10d427_b.jpg

P1010551 by Kris.dey1986, on Flickr

Comments/suggestions welcome :)

Kris

Nimbus Megane R26
They were only sprayed in nimbus for mainland europe but this one made it in. Some people on meganesport say theres 2-3 in the UK, few people on there say this is the only one. Shame it doesnt add £1k onto the value as R26's are falling in value big style :(

Nimbus Megane R26
Update: Spent another £120 quid at renault earlier, the xenon levellers had gone a few weeks ago meaning the headlights were pointing stupidly high. A link bar had fallen off in the passenger wheel arch and renault dont make that link on its own so had to have a whole new unit. Not cheap cars these things!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lovely car, looks so much more subtle than the usual in your face yellow, totally changes the character of the car.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Its even faster now chris ;) Just need to get a better clutch/flywheel to get the power down!

I'll need a clutch and smf this year as well. Heard the smf are causing ecu to display error codes though.

Update: Spent another £120 quid at renault earlier, the xenon levellers had gone a few weeks ago meaning the headlights were pointing stupidly high. A link bar had fallen off in the passenger wheel arch and renault dont make that link on its own so had to have a whole new unit. Not cheap cars these things!!

Silly price for a tiny bit of plastic. I cable tied mine together after smashing it at Castle Combe.

Nimbus Megane R26
I'll need a clutch and smf this year as well. Heard the smf are causing ecu to display error codes though.

Silly price for a tiny bit of plastic. I cable tied mine together after smashing it at Castle Combe.

Iv heard that too as i was wanting to put R26r clutch/fly in but dont fancy seeing that error every day so may just go for standard parts. Some of the things that go wrong with the meg's are comical. You had a window reg go yet? Mine dropped to the bottom and wouldnt go back up. Engine wiring loom went meaning i could start the car, that was £650 to replace it..although renault did pay £500 of that. Things iv done to this car its basically a new car, shouldnt need anything doing to it for a good while after the clutch/fly and the big cambelt service... they are worth it though :)

Good thinking with the cable tie hah..how did it perform at castle combe?? You cook the brakes or anything?

Nimbus Megane R26
Doesnt need one no, will slip sometimes in 4th gear. Quite alot of clutches starting to slip lately over on meganesport its just one of those things.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Iv heard that too as i was wanting to put R26r clutch/fly in but dont fancy seeing that error every day so may just go for standard parts. Some of the things that go wrong with the meg's are comical. You had a window reg go yet? Mine dropped to the bottom and wouldnt go back up. Engine wiring loom went meaning i could start the car, that was £650 to replace it..although renault did pay £500 of that. Things iv done to this car its basically a new car, shouldnt need anything doing to it for a good while after the clutch/fly and the big cambelt service... they are worth it though :)

Good thinking with the cable tie hah..how did it perform at castle combe?? You cook the brakes or anything?

I was on Hankook RS2 tyres in wet at Castle Combe, back end stepped out through a chicane then I over corrected and took out two traffic cones on the grass.

My window reg on drivers side went but luckily it wouldn't go down. Had both sides replaced for £190 after the RUK 75% contribution.

That the only thing that's gone wrong with my car as well in 15 months of ownership.