ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nimbus 197 - first detail

Nimbus Grey 197
Hi all - this was my first ever attempt at detailing since buying the car.

I recently purchased some new car cleaning products.

The method i used was:

Rinse
Wash with a meguiars mitt and the two bucket method
Clayed (first time)
Washed again - two bucket method with mitt
Polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Waxed with Tropi-care carnauba wax

I really dont think the pictures do it justice - not sure if its my camera or my photography skills....here they are!

I spent about 4 hours in total, possibly 5 - i lost count as i had to do it in two stages so didn't get many pictures of whilst i was doing the detail but a lot of before and after!

Comments please, good and bad!!!!

Woza.

A couple before:
detailing001.jpg

detailing002.jpg

detailing003.jpg

My first claying effort:
detailing006.jpg

After washing and claying:
detailing007.jpg

detailing008.jpg

The goodies:
detailing012.jpg

Covered in SRP:
detailing013.jpg

The results:
detailing019.jpg

detailing017.jpg

detailing023.jpg

detailing021.jpg

Thanks again, hopefully i will get better! Didn't realise i would see so much beading after the claying and not so sure that i've got the hang of the waxing - it didn't seem to make much difference and i struggled to see it on the bodywork but i guess practice makes perfect!

Woza.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
looking nice- although the SRP picture- looks a lot of spots youve missed-?
S

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Id work th SRP in with the staight lines of the car myself (as ive had bad swirling results on my first car :( )

Otherwise, Fooookin nice motor that!!

Porsche Boxster987S
a bit too much srp tbh and i generally work on a panel at a time. (machine though). Try using as little as possible and cover all areas and use masking tape to cover the bits you dont want the polish touching. Looks nice and good effort:)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks Good.... SRP application seems patchy from the pics and I'd have probably squeezed ina few coats of EGP before waxing aswell as a Sealant but its still looking really nice

200 Gordini
As paul said do it a panel at a time, still come out really nice though. Nimbus doesnt need detailing made me laugh.

Wouldnt of really been able to use egp in that process unless he wanted to wait overnight

Nimbus is a really nice colour in the sun