ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nikon DF opinions?

I think it looks great, but you can get a better specced and cheaper camera with better image quality from one of Nikons more modern looking cameras.

one for the hipster crowd?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I think that looks awful aesthetically, the tech specs are good but it just looks like a ye olde D700, not a fan really.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Just like a D700 !

I like it - guess its a generation thing, I was humping a FM2 around South Armagh in 1995 so this would be very familiar.

I'm in the 'don't really get it' camp, unfortunately. As much as I love all the manual dials and still struggle to live without them having gone from an X100/X-E1 to a D600, I still can't even vaguely see where the cost is justified.

I would no doubt love using it, but it's silly money for something that isn't offering anything really special beyond the styling and controls.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
D4 engine? Complete with a lens. The ability to run all Nikon lens back to 1950. Let's see what images it produces.

I'm mighty disappointed.
I was expecting something similarish to an X100, but a bit more sophisticated.
Just seems like body very similar to a D800/D4 but retro looking.

Don't really get it personally.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
You would if you ever used a FM2.

I might be blogging one from Nikon as sponsorship.....watch this space :)

D4 engine? Complete with a lens. The ability to run all Nikon lens back to 1950. Let's see what images it produces.

D4 engine is fine if your a sports tog but this sort of camera (and I agree it looks ace) would be better suited to a slower more traditional photography and the D600/800 sensor would have been a better option.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Would rather a D4 engine where I can shoot upto a usable 25,600 ISO.

The D800 falls apart at 3200

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I shoot with my d800 at 6400 at times and its fine don't really go much above that :/ I like the idea of the of the DF but think its a tad over priced but still a lovely bit of kit to have if you have the wallet for it.

According to the dreaded dxo mark d4 is no better than d800 at low noise unless you want to argue over 1/10th of a stop. What you do need to do though is reduce the d800 files to 1/3 for a fair comparison.